Responsible for organizing, directing and implementing resident care in accordance with the Company standards and as required by State and Federal regulations.
• Attend appropriate Resident Care conferences; maintain Resident Care Plans ensuring accuracy and relevancy.
• Prepare, administer and document medications according to physician orders; systematically order medications as needed and ensure that expired medications are replaced.
• Document patient care issues appropriately and report them to personnel as required.
• Recognize and identify signs and symptoms and use initiative and proper judgment in selecting appropriate treatment or procedures.
• Responsible for the immediate supervision and direction of ancillary personnel.
• Other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications & Experience
• Colorado State Licensed Practical Nurse license, in good standing.
• 1-year experience in a long-term care facility preferred.
• 1-year experience in overseeing and monitoring other staff preferred.
• IV Certification preferred.
• Must have computer word processing and database experience.
• Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
• Must possess excellent customer service skills.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
• Moderate physical activity required by handling objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or 20 pounds frequently.
• Possible exposure to chemicals, blood borne pathogens and other infectious diseases.
• Sits, stands, bends and moves frequently during working hours.
• Is subject to frequent interruptions.
• Interacts with residents, family members, visitors frequently.