Denver Public Schools
235 work days per year
Salary Range: $57,011 - $68,413
Essential Functions and Objectives:
The Warranty Program Manager plans, develops and manages construction project warranties from implementation to completion of the warranty period. Oversees the day-to-day administration of the warranty program. Develops training and trains Facility Managers and Facility Maintenance staff. The essential functions of this position include:
- Oversee the control, monitoring and implementation of construction project warranties.
- Identify warranty items and terms; document this data in a database recording the item/activity under warranty, the term (start and end dates, conditions) and reference information (contractor, manufacturer and vender contacts, part/serial numbers).
- Prepare decision support aids (lists, labels, reports) quarterly for every facility (including negative reports for facilities with no warranty items, if applicable) and distribute to Facility Managers, the Service Support Center, Project Managers, Purchasing, and Maintenance. (Reports people can act on.)
- Coordinate with Purchasing, and makes warranty calls to vendors and contractors when necessary. Follow up to ensure response, and record response times.
- Assemble reports on warranty call resolution and response times and update database with this information.
- Maintain liaison with the District Project Managers and General Contractors during construction.
- Drives cost savings by ensuring warranties are enforced.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- Minimum of seven (7) years of successful experience with warranty management and/or related programs.
- Project management experience involving both administrative and technical responsibilities preferred.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Commercial Construction experience.
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License, appropriate insurance coverage and acceptable driving record for the past three years.
Education Requirements:Associate’s degree in Business or a technical field required. Bachelor’s degree preferred
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at .
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.