Job Type: Full-Time, 40+ hours per week
Min. Years of Experience Required: 1+ years of directly relatable experience
Min. Years of Education Required: 12+ desired
Pay Level: Commensurate with relatable experience and alignment to the position
Field of Specialty: Residential & Light Commercial Plumbing, Boiler, Heating and Air Conditioning sales and service
Replying directly to this electronic job posting and attaching your resume is the preferred means of applying for this position.
Role: To ensure that the Company’s project, service and sales efforts are sufficiently supported so that all those in these divisions will be equipped to take care of client needs and meet and exceed client expectations. This is a key, long-term, full-time position, vital to our overall success. This position reports to the General Manager and the Purchasing Agent/Warehouse Manager and must cooperate fully with a number of others, managers, sales, technical and Customer Service staff. This position has no direct reports or assignees.
Basic Function: This position operates alongside a manager and a supportive team of other professionals who will help provide the necessary training and support to get the right professional up and running quickly and to help them continue to succeed year over year. This position must communicate with clients, vendors, manufacturer’s representatives, sales and purchasing staff, building permit officials, subcontractors and other team members; so clear communication skills, accuracy, timeliness and reliability are a must.
This position is responsible for the pickup and delivery of various parts and equipment across the metro area, in the Foothills and Canyons and along the Front Range. Other duties include: receiving and shipping of parts and equipment into and out of our main warehouse; recycling of scrap metals, running items to various team members in the field, the ordering and stocking of warehouse shelves and the service and project vehicles. Other duties include the maintenance of stock areas, office and shop areas along with some occasional shop foreman and handyman-related duties as well. Assists the Warehouse and Operations Managers as required and assists with occasional over the counter sales. This person is required to understand and abide by all company and safety policies and procedures.
This is an integral position wherein punctuality, organization and reliability are an absolute must. A working knowledge of general office machine usage is also required. A complete command of the English language in spoken and written form is required. Usable computer, internet and keyboard skills are also required. Candidates should also have an understanding of MS Word and Excel and other portions of the Office Suite or at least be capable of gaining competency in these and in a comprehensive purchasing, tracking and accounting software.
Primary Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Receiving and stocking of all products and services. Assist with seeing that ordered equipment and supplies arrive on job sites in time for projected job starts. Assist service and project technicians in ordering parts and equipment. Pull and stage complete project needs from salesperson’s job component breakouts so that projects are ready for each working morning without unnecessary delay. Pick up and deliver various parts and equipment to and from field locations. Assist with counter sales to clients.
2. Help maintain lasting vendor relationships for a variety of established and new vendors, to induce a win-win relationship in terms of price, terms, service and quality of products and services. Assist in the processing of warranty returns.
3. Help to maintain established inventory control parameters to reduce overstock, waste and out-of-stocks. Assist in reviewing inventory levels daily/weekly in all locations to ensure that adequate stocking levels are maintained. Assist as needed with annual inventories of warehouse and fleet vehicles.
4. Assist with a tool/test equipment control, inventory, repair and maintenance program.
5. Assist with entering invoicing and job costing data as required.
6. Assist Warehouse/Purchasing Manager with occasional oversight the fleet maintenance, repair and assignment program. Assist in the shelving buildout of new/existing company vehicles.
7. Assist with the issuance of purchase orders (PO’s) to vendors and technicians. Review PO’s and packing slips for accuracy. Input PO’s into accounting software.
8. Assist with job staging and ensure that shipping, receiving and return areas are well designed and kept in a clean, organized, safe and orderly fashion. Assist with quality inspections of warehouse and yard to ensure the same. Assist manager by helping ensure that receiving needs are covered daily and that any returns are made within 10 days of returning.
9. Assume supporting role with building issues such as maintenance, security, lighting, perimeter cleanliness and order, fencing, parking lot areas, slip prevention of icy areas and weed control. Assist in oversight of vendors and crews engaged to provide trash removal, scrap recycling, lawn care, irrigation and snow removal, among others.
1. Assist with the copper and brass recycling profit center.
2. Assist manager with employee uniform stock and order replacements as necessary.
3. Prepare various reports and type various letters, forms and documents as needed.
4. Must work in a cooperative and harmonious manner with all co-workers.
5. Provide occasional backup for other positions on our team.
6. Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Understanding of expected quality standards.
2. Solid interpersonal skills.
3. Self-motivated with the desire for positive outcomes.
5. Clear and empathetic communication skills are required, including courteously and professionally handling phone calls from often demanding or upset clients.
6. The ability to remain client-focused and professional under pressure.
7. Organizational, problem-solving abilities.
8. Team oriented.
9. Possess knowledge of HVAC and plumbing is a plus, as well as being able to track down some components, commodities and equipment related to the Company’s interests and industries. Knowledge in our other areas of technical and sales expertise is also a plus.
10. Must be able to lift, carry and otherwise move all equipment and component we stock.
11. Requires at minimum a high school diploma or GED equivalency.
12. Must be able to pass background checks and drug and alcohol screening.
13. Must utilize sound judgment in order to plan and accomplish goals.
14. Requires reliable follow-through and cooperation with technicians, salespersons, managers and customers alike to maintain great client relationships.
15. Must be capable of understanding and fully utilizing the Company’s accounting software.
16. Requires a substantially clear driving record, sufficient to meet our coverage provider’s minimum standards of acceptance for coverage.
• Weekly pay through direct deposit with online access to payroll and leave info.
• Generous Medical Insurance plan with 75% of premium paid by the company
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Health
• Simple IRA with a 3% company match
• Spiffs for suggesting and selling various services
• Paid Vacation
• Six paid holidays
• Paid Birthdays off
• Paid Maternity/paternity leave
• Paid Financial wellness training and coaching program
• Paid chiropractic care plan
• Paid fitness club membership
• Paid Costco membership
• Outside and self-paced online training opportunities
• A friendly, supportive environment
*Ask for details. Some benefits have a minimum length of employment requirement.
We are proudly an equal opportunity employer. A drug and alcohol screen, extensive background check and other checks will be required for all applicants prior to being offered employment.