Haselden Construction was named to the Denver Post Top Workplaces for 2016, 2017, & 2018! We offer a progressive, positive and challenging — yet fun — work environment and cutting-edge tools to help you with career growth, personal development and achieving your maximum potential. Our extensive benefits program, dynamic team atmosphere and strong core values help create the best environment for our staff and the best service for our clients.
Haselden Construction is currently looking for a VDC Project Manager to join our team!
Summary: A VDC Project Manager will manage a team of coordinators within the VDC department in order to maintain consistency with all processes and procedures to support all projects effectively.
- Provide management, leadership and development to VDC specialists. Including: performance reviews, development plans, department/team meetings, resources needed, and critical elements for the overall success of a project
- Manage and maintain VDC schedules throughout the project and ensure all VDC schedules are incorporated into the CPM schedule on a regular basis
- Facilitate the trade coordination process and hold all parties accountable in order to support the overall project schedule.
- Understand VDC scope required for each project
- Prepare VDC estimates based on scope / VDC deliverables
- Manage project budgets including man hours, change orders, and cost of work
- Mitigate risk by performing quality reviews of contract drawings and design models to identity discrepancies, scope gaps, coordination issues and design challenges.
- Facilitate a project expectations meeting, capture expectations in BIM PxP and ensure expectations are met throughout the project
- Review and advise Haselden MEP Director on 3rd party modelers for subcontractors.
- Administer proper sign-off standards throughout the coordination process.
- Manage all required VDC metrics that supports the VDC Director
- Assist in the development and maintenance of VDC/BIM policies, procedures and standards.
- Responsible for researching and standardizing VDC/BIM workflows across the organization.
- Recruit qualified modeling/coordination personnel, and provide management assistance to the VDC Director
- Attend pre-proposal meetings, perform site visits, and collect data required to perform modeling tasks
- Consults with VDC director on final approval of VDC budgets and proposals.
- Assist business development in the planning and pursuit of future projects, including interviews with clients.
- Identify resources needed for each project being managed
- Ensure questions regarding projects and model information are properly documented and addressed to the design team
- Assist operations with development of construction phasing models throughout the project as necessary
- Assist operations with the development of project site utilization modeling and logistic coordination
- Continuously seeks experience and training to develop competencies and skills that will make them a strong leader within Haselden.
- Continually demonstrates Haselden’s Purpose & Values and trains others in their application.
- Builds trusting interdepartmental relationships.
- Provides guidance and mentoring for the personal and professional development of Haselden employees
- Consistently guides teams to exceed budget, schedule, safety, and quality goals.
- Ensures all VDC deliverables and expectations are met and closed out at project completion.
- Consults with operations and preconstruction managers to understand project expectations and how VDC plays a role on each project.
- Plans and participates in training programs for members of VDC.
- Strive to attain 100% customer satisfaction for BIM projects Other duties may be assigned.
- 10+ years of industry experience in Construction, Architecture or Engineering with a combination of building systems coordination and management experience
- Advanced knowledge of Virtual Design and Construction technologies and processes
- Experience managing others
- Manage a highly effective team with strong communication skills
- Strong organizational, planning, communication, management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build strong relationships and be an advocate for Haselden team
- Ability to identify issues as they arise and quickly provide a resolution
- Team player with the desire to provide a high level of service
- Strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail
- Construction knowledge experience is required.
- Field experience desired
- Experience on various project types (Healthcare, hospitality, higher Ed, Labs, etc) are desired