Lay pipe for storm, sewers, drains, and water mains. Perform any combination of the following tasks: grade trenches or culverts, position pipe, or seal joints. Install or use instruments such as lasers, grade rods, or transit levels.
$45,000 - $82,000
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow blue prints or configure pipe routes and align pipeline sections.
- Dig trenches with trenching tools.
- Cut pipes to required lengths and slide pipe into trenches.
- Direct tractor drivers where to position pipe in preparation for welding.
- Check slopes for conformance to requirements, using levels or lasers
- Inspect pipe joints and couplings to ensure pipes are spaced out properly and according to specifications.
- Lay pipe for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains.
- Grade trenches or culverts.
- Seal joints.
- General knowledge of trench safety
- Experience with grading trenches and operation of laser leveling systems is preferred.
- Must have a good safety history and a willingness to engage and contribute to ongoing safe work practices including strong knowledge of excavation, trenching and shoring safety standards.
- Responsible and reliable employee with good attendance habits.
- Ability to follow direction and be a team-player.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with supervisors, team members, and client representatives.
This job has no supervisory duties.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Required: At minimum a high school diploma or GED with 2 plus years of verifiable experience in the utilities industry.
Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time. Push, pull, and lift items 25 to 50 pounds.
Outside work exposed to variant weather conditions (hot, rain, snow) and muddy ground conditions. Ability to stand for long periods of time.
We Offer an Outstanding Benefit Package:
- Health & Dental– 100% Employer paid premiums for employees and their families.
- Voluntary Vision Plan-Optional
- FSA Accounts - Optional
- HSA - Optional with HDHP
- Paid Holidays & Vacation
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer match contributions up to 3%.
- $100 Monthly Employer paid Short Term Disability - Additional Voluntary Employee deductions to cover up to 60% of Weekly Wages - Optional.
- Long term Disability - Optional
- 25,000.00 Employer paid Basic Life and AD&D Insurance-- Additional Voluntary deductions up to 5 times Annual Wages - Optional
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Applicants that require reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should contact Human Resources at 303-429-8893.