Fiore & Sons, Inc. understands that the primary component of success is having a strong and capable work force. We achieve repeatable results by providing a quality workplace. At Fiore & Sons, you will find a company that strives to provide a sense of personal, financial, physical, and mental stability for its workforce.
$45,000 - $82,800
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Able to drive, operate and maneuver heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of the operating equipment used in the construction, maintenance and repair of wet utilities, sewer, and treatment or water supply and distribution
- Able to read and interpret utilities blueprints to dig soil according to defined specifications.
- Utilizes the appropriate and/or assigned construction machinery to safely, efficiently, and productively excavate trenches move, and grade soils.
- Understands all safety requirements of underground excavating and trenching.
- Conveys information to supervisors, and co-workers effectively.
- Actively aware of surroundings near the equipment to maintain safe operation and distances from potential hazards such as underground utility lines, other equipment, and other workers.
- Performs pre and post equipment checks and reports equipment issues to supervisors.
- Perform basic repairs to equipment in the event field mechanics are not available on site.
- Coordinate machine functions with crew members in response to hand and audio signals.
- Familiar with and understands utilities work flow of duties and team coordination with other trades.
- Can perform any other routine duties associated with the job as required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ verifiable experience in the safe and efficient use of operating heavy equipment in the heavy commercial, industrial and civil construction market.
- Must have a good safety history and a willingness to engage and contribute to ongoing safe work practices including strong knowledge of excavation, trenching and shoring safety standards.
- Must be reliable and dependable with good attendance habits.
- Ability to follow direction and work within parameters established by Management and Supervision.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with supervisors, team members, and client representatives.
- General knowledge and understanding of excavating practices and locate requirements.
This job has no supervisory duties.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Required: At minimum a high school diploma or GED with 2 years of proven equipment operation experience in the utilities construction industry.
Operators are subject to continuous bouncing, shaking and equipment vibration throughout the course of their shift. Work functions require the physical ability and mobility to repeatedly push, pull and climb to control cabin. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds intermittently.
Outside work exposed to variant weather conditions (hot, rain, snow) and muddy ground conditions. Ability to stand for long periods of time.
We Offer an Outstanding Benefit Package:
- Health & Dental– 100% Employer paid premiums for employees and their families.
- Voluntary Vision Plan-Optional
- FSA Accounts - Optional
- HSA Account - with HDHP
- Paid Holidays & Vacation
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer match contributions up to 3%.
- $100 Monthly Employer paid Short Term Disability - Additional Voluntary Employee deductions to cover up to 60% of Weekly Wages - Optional.
- Long term Disability - Optional
- 25,000.00 Employer paid Basic Life and AD&D Insurance-- Additional Voluntary deductions up to 5 times Annual Wages - Optional
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Applicants that require reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should notify Human Resources at 303-429-8893.