POSITION TITLE: Tools Attendant
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Tools Manager
Location: Johnstown, CO
Established in 1893 by the Nottberg family, U.S. Engineering takes pride that our reputation for providing high quality mechanical construction work has kept us going strong for more than 120 years. We operate with a focus on the life cycle of each building we work on and the total cost of ownership. Every member of the U.S. Engineering family is expected to understand and consistently demonstrate the following Core Values:
- Exhibit integrity in everything we do.
- Listen, identify and respond to customer needs.
- Provide quality, on schedule, at a competitive price.
- Respect, challenge and recognize each employee.
- Ensure a safe working environment.
If you share in these values, we invite you to join our family to do great things with great people.
The Tools Attendant:
Receives, stores, and issues hand tools, power tools, materials, and equipment in industrial establishment.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Receives, stores, and issues tools, materials, and equipment in industrial establishment: Issues tools and equipment to workers and maintains records of tools and equipment issued and returned, manually or using computer.
- Locates lost or misplaced tools and equipment.
- Prepares periodic inventory or maintains perpetual inventory of tools and equipment, manually or using computer.
- Receives, unpacks, and stores incoming tools and equipment, and requisitions stock to replenish inventory.
- Inspects and measures tools and equipment for defects and wear, visually, and reports damage or wear to supervisors.
- Repairs, services, and lubricates tools and equipment, using hand tools, spray gun, or pressurized spray can.
- May mark and identify tools and equipment, using identification tag, stamp, or electric marking tool.
- May deliver or load out-going tools or equipment to workers, manually or using hand truck/forklift.
- Forklift operator certification a plus, but not required.
- Must be self-motivated, and able to execute multi-step instructions.
- Will be required to work in a variety of weather conditions.
This position will be primarily responsible for performing the Principal Duties and Accountabilities specified above for the USE MetalWorks Johnstown Manufacturing Facility. Specific tasks will depend upon regional operational needs and may focus more heavily on certain functions.
Management Responsibility: Individual Contributor with no subordinates.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Certification to operate a forklift is highly preferred but not required.
- One year experience in a manufacturing, construction or similar work environment is preferred.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Ability to spot trends and to proactively identify and solve problems
- Keen attention to detail.
- Top rate interpersonal skills, excellent customer service and professional communication skills.
- The ability to enter data with accuracy and speed.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and excel in a fast-paced work environment that includes frequent interruptions.
- Positive attitude and team mindset – Possesses professional maturity and demonstrates adaptability to help where the team will benefit most.
- Focus on delivering results and meeting deadlines – demonstrates sense of urgency as required.
- The ability to understand and contribute positively to company’s cultural norms.
Physical and/or Travel Demands
- No travel required.
- Work is performed in an industrial manufacturing work environment and requires extended periods of standing, walking, bending, reaching, stooping, and lifting heavy objects.
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal background check.
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a drug test and submit compliance for random drug testing.
- Professional references will be checked prior to an offer of employment.