Leads the system design and requirements management processes. Responsible for design, planning, management, building, and delivery of satellite antenna systems. Integrates hardware, software, network and security components. Incorporates commercial and proprietary hardware and software to meet customer’s technical requirements.
- Compiles customer requirements and translates them into and specifications; integrates requirements into the design \ system diagrams.
- Supports clarification of requirements to various functional groups
- Leads system engineering change management processes ensuring established development processes are followed
- Coordinate activities of electrical hardware and software teams to resolve issues
- Identify areas of non-conformance and/or opportunities for requirement modification
- Plans and participates in technical reviews
- Supports development of technical documentation (CDRLs)
- Coordinate cost, schedule and technical aspects of project
- Develop and maintain realistic project milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools
- Track and report task / project status
- Acts as an interface to internal and external customers.
- Contribute to process improvement activities
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
- Other duties as assigned
Specific Skills Required
Requires an understanding of both theories and principles of electrical, mechanical, RF and software engineering,
- Understanding of Integrated Logistics Support engineering, Maintenance, Operations, and their application to the requirements
- Advanced understanding of test and integration lifecycles.
- Familiarity with Information Assurance
- Ability to manage time and resources to meet project goals.
- Ability to apply system engineering and architecture principles to system design and development
- Ability to communicate capabilities to a diverse group of developers, engineers, subject matter experts, and users
- Ability to Identify and define desired capabilities, system-of-systems definitions, integration practices and methods
- Ability to lead and function well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to react to project to adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in an occasionally high-pressure environment
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills; ability to interface with customers at a professional level
- Demonstrated technical writing skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- 5+ years of systems engineering
- Experience with DOORS for requirements management
- Experience working independently and in an integrated team-oriented, collaborative environment with software agile-development systems
- SATCOM or Wireless/RF Communication Systems experience
- Experience with system and/or subsystem development & integration
- S./B.A. in Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math, or Science
- Hold current TS with SCI eligibility
Person Specification (Behavioral Attributes)
- Be the ROLE MODEL, Leads by example - Creates an inclusive work environment based on trust and respect. Continues to look for opportunities to grow and help others grow. Demands excellence - Able to work through ambiguity to facilitate/drive team performance. Sets standards and delivers high-quality work. Safety and integrity always - Ensures team operates with high standards of integrity. Makes safety a priority.
- Be CLIENT-FOCUSED, Collaborative Works with employees to ensure success with internal and external client delivery. Innovative - Executes new and creative solutions which advance internal and external client's objectives. Strategic - Identifies opportunities for long-term relationship with clients by anticipating cross-functional solutions and other opportunities.
- Be IMPACTFUL, Clear and frequent communications - Communicates often in an inspiring way, ensuring other’s viewpoints are solicited and considered. Listens and learns from others. Execution and results - Drives a team that achieves results through strong focus on execution and measurement.
- Be DECISIVE, Prioritize, focus and accountability - Aligns resources to critical business needs and delegates where appropriate, escalates issues as necessary to senior leadership to impact results. Ensures decisions are implemented, evaluated and takes accountability for results. Fact-based decisions - Seeks out factual information and assesses risk to make the best possible decision.
- Ability to work and influence at all levels in the organization.
- Firm supportive, responsible, open-minded and exercises good judgement.
- Excellent organization skills, accurate and pays close attention to details
- Provides quality products and outcomes
- Friendly, professional, good attitude, good communication both written and verbal
- Ability to work flexibly and under own initiative to achieve objectives
- Provides timely follow-up on outstanding tasks and issues:
- Safety Competencies:
- Lead by example, attend training, ensure resources are available. Engage with clients on safety – set client safety objectives on projects.
- Ensure all projects have risk assessments and safety plans in place.
- Ensure all communications are published and understood. Start all meetings with a safety moment and visibly lead by example.
TMC Design is a cutting-edge engineering and manufacturing company specializing in electromagnetics, telemetry, radio frequency communications, electronic warfare (EW), and CEMA cyber electromagnetic activities. We create, enhance and sustain a multitude of systems including; SATCOM earth terminals, ultra heavy-duty mobile SATCOM terminals, space situational awareness tools (SSA), counter-space systems, EW systems, rapid prototypes, and custom antennas.
Our strength is providing rapid, state-of-the-art, cost-effective solutions to complex world issues for governmental and non-governmental customers.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TMC Design is a drug-free and equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs and is therefore fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by state or local law. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.