Job number: 216545
Location: Denver, CO
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Other Possible Location: N/A
Job Schedule: N/A
Job Shift: Rotating Hours
The Senior Plant Maintenance Technician is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the operation of all plant systems and equipment. Including but not limited to balers, conveyor belts, gearboxes, electrical motors, pulleys, shafts and bearings. The Senior Plant Technician responds to all system failures by taking appropriate corrective action and completing or assigning the repairs needed to ensure that systems are operational and are functioning safely and efficiently. This position is directly responsible for leading all Plant Technicians and reports to the Plant Maintenance Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location.
- Performs repairs in accordance with Waste Management’s Safety and Life Critical Rules and OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) requirements.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspection (PM) diagnose, repair, and rebuild major equipment/components including but not limited to balers, conveyors, hydraulic power packs, eddy currents, electro-magnetic belts, optical sorters, diverters, compressors, trash compactors, motors, glass breakers, wire tie systems, fans, pumps, forklifts, front-end loaders and building equipment.
- Maintains Daily Equipment Inspections (DEI) backlog.
- Establishes and adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules and advises Sr. Plant Maintenance Manager if additional work is needed or cannot be completed within the Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Provides assistance, guidance and direction to other maintenance personnel. Interprets, prioritizes and assigns preventive maintenance & work requests.
- Inspects the quality of third party repairs and or rebuilds
- Recommends measures to improve production, equipment performance and product quality.
- Responsible for inventory control, ordering of replacement parts, tools, and supplies through purchasing. Conducts physical parts inventories.
- Leads non-supervisory employees and other staff that may include contractors, consultants, and/or temporary employees.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Safely operates tools and equipment needed during the repair and servicing of equipment.
- Diagnose defects and repair a variety of equipment and vehicles.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Ability to perform under limited supervision.
- Requires a flexible work schedule, which may include nights and weekends to support operating schedule and the needs of the facility.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
- Hold a current driver’s license.
- Able to complete welding and fabrication tasks that include reading prints, drawings, complete measurements, tolerances, and fusion of all genres of metal.
- Able to diagnose and repair single, and three phase electrical systems.
- Able to diagnose and repair electrical control systems.
- Able to diagnose and repair hydraulic systems.
- Able to diagnose and repair pneumatic systems, including air compressors.
- Technicians are required to provide their own basic tools that will include sae and metric sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers, hammers, pliers, punches, chisels, wire cutters, stripers, etc.
- Leadership skills and experience in managing maintenance teams in a production environment.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent of four or more years of related field experience.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arms, hands, fingers, and legs.
- Required to engage in physical activity that includes pushing, pulling, bending and lifting objects more than 50 pounds.
- Required to work from ladders or raised platforms.
- Required to stand or work on concrete floors most of the workday.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
- Normal setting for this job is material recycle facilities, repair/maintenance facility, outdoors or other facilities.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click. "Apply Now."
By clicking the link or by directly going to the website, you can view the job details, apply, sign-up to receive career updates, and share with your connections. We look forward to hearing from you.
You also have the option to start the application over the phone by calling 877-220-5627. When asked for a media code, please use WH0. You can call us any day between the hours of 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. CST.
If you apply on line, please use media code WH0.