In support of Program and Project Management on complex programs/projects - applies original thinking and new approaches, organizes, directs work and coordinates efforts related to design, development, and maintenance of Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) to analyze, manage and report on project milestone status.
- Apply principle of project management developing large complex schedules through team interactions.
- Provide assistance to program/project teams to organize and facilitate project planning activities.
- Perform program schedule analysis to include: Metrics, Critical Path, Float, and schedule variances.
- Build and maintains a program/project-level IMS which includes major milestones and deliverables from Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Government sources.
- Monitor OEM schedule performance to include weekly and monthly variances.
- Works with project financial analysts and utilizes Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management (EVM) and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
- Develops, implements and documents best practice scheduling policy, procedures/processes and continuously analyzes and Identifies process improvements and develop action items; monitors and ensures the completion of such action items.
- Attend required Program and OEM meetings to include: Cost Performance Reporting, Schedule Meetings, and Program Management Reviews.
- Act as scheduling subject expert and mentors the program staff with regards to scheduling.
- Propose processes that will aid Integrated Scheduling and understands the impacts of any changes to deliver full capability to the project within projected schedule.
- Attend required PM and OEM meetings to include: Cost Performance Reporting, Scheduling Meetings and Program Management Reviews as requested.
- Act as the scheduling SME and mentor the program staff with regards to scheduling.
- Propose processes that will aid Integrated Scheduling and understand the impacts of any changes to deliver full capability to PM.
- Support development and submittal of a compliant Integrated Program Management Report (IPMR) Format 6 and Format 5 (IMS Discussion)
- Ensures compliance with internal program procedures as well as PCS (Project Control Systems) guidelines and IMS DID (Integrated Master Schedule Data Item Description).
- Responsible for detailed schedule analysis of network logic and critical path and works with Program Teams to resolve critical path and network conflicts.
- Performs "what if" scenarios for individual program management teams
- Ensures management understanding of network logic, Gantt, milestone lists, and resource information in the schedule.
- Other duties as assigned
Specific Skills Required
- Proficient in project management techniques – PMP certification a plus
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- Proficient in earned value management (EVM) as a project management tool for scheduling
- Proficient in the use of enterprise-level scheduling software.
- Knowledge of scheduling best practice industry standards Planning & Scheduling Excellence Guide (PASEG), and the Generally Accepted Scheduling Principles (GASP)
- Able to travel on occasion to various sites when needed.
- Ability to work within a team and foster trust and informed risk-taking.
- Self-motivated and proactive leader with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective interdepartmental communications skills
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in program planning and control and/or scheduling work with a bachelor degree or 4+ years with a Masters degree
- Experience with project controls of establishing baseline plans, managing/tracking plans, developing and presenting corrective action plans, mitigation strategies based on schedule risk assessment, critical path analysis, change management, and other business-related functions required to control a project
- Experience in a DOD (Department of Defense) environment.
- Experience with Deltek Cost Point
- Experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have an Active Secret Clearance and be eligible for a TS/SCI; Active TS/SCI preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Program Management, Business, Mathematics, Finance, Engineering, or a related field; Prefer Master’s degree
Person Specification (Behavioral Attributes)
Be the ROLE MODEL, Leads by example - Creates an inclusive work environment based on trust and respect. Continues to look for opportunities to grow and help others grow. Demands excellence - Able to work through ambiguity to facilitate/drive team performance. Sets standards and delivers high-quality work. Safety and integrity always - Ensures team operates with high standards of integrity. Makes safety a priority.
- Be CLIENT-FOCUSED, Collaborative Works with employees to ensure success with internal and external client delivery. Innovative - Executes new and creative solutions which advance internal and external client's objectives. Strategic - Identifies opportunities for long-term relationship with clients by anticipating cross-functional solutions and other opportunities.
- Be IMPACTFUL, Clear and frequent communications - Communicates often in an inspiring way, ensuring other’s viewpoints are solicited and considered. Listens and learns from others. Execution and results - Drives a team that achieves results through strong focus on execution and measurement.
- Be DECISIVE, Prioritize, focus and accountability - Aligns resources to critical business needs and delegates where appropriate, escalates issues as necessary to senior leadership to impact results. Ensures decisions are implemented, evaluated and takes accountability for results. Fact-based decisions - Seeks out factual information and assesses risk to make the best possible decision.
o Ability to work and influence at all levels in the organization.
o Firm supportive, responsible, open-minded and exercises good judgement.
o Excellent organization skills, accurate and pays close attention to details
o Provides quality products and outcomes
o Friendly, professional, good attitude, good communication both written and verbal
o Ability to work flexibly and under own initiative to achieve objectives
o Provides timely follow-up on outstanding tasks and issues:
ü Lead by example, attend training, ensure resources are available. Engage with clients on safety – set client safety objectives on projects.
ü Ensure all projects have risk assessments and safety plans in place.pr
ü Ensure all communications are published and understood. Start all meetings with a safety moment and visibly lead by example.