Residential Construction Superintendent
Manage construction of multiple homes while maximizing profits and maintaining company standards. Prepare, maintain, and monitor the construction schedule in order to complete assigned jobs on time, within budget, and with high standards of workmanship; oversee and direct subcontractor and remedial work throughout assigned jobs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Apply the Company’s vision, pledges, and guiding principle to every facet of responsibilities in an effort to improve our Company.
• Able to represent the company in a neat and professional manner.
• Able to coordinate in an organized manner all construction activities from the clearing of property to the completion and turnover of multiple home sites in a timely manner as directed by current division standards.
• Maintain friendly, fair, and consistent posture with customers.
• Control costs (extras).
• Responsible to provide updated scheduling information on a weekly basis for any division maintained scheduling program.
• Responsible to schedule all construction activities in the appropriate sequence of events to ensure maximum efficiency and cost control.
• Responsible to meet with all Subcontractors in the performance of their job activities to insure that the proper quality and selections are being completed in all the homes.
• Ensure that all selections are posted in homes to minimize errors.
• Ensure that all job sites are kept clean and that all safety standards are enforced.
• Ensure that all building inspections are carried out and that homes have proper addressing and permit boards posted.
• Insure that all homes are locked up at the end of each workday.
• Attend a weekly production meeting to track home progress and to discuss any and all outstanding issues.
• Accurately sign off on a bi-weekly basis the job invoices to ensure proper payment to Subcontractors.
• Obtain pricing from subcontractors for any work to be performed that is outside of their scope of work and see that a Variance Purchase Order is issued prior to commencement of that work. Also insure that any back charges associated for this work is documented and proper notification is given to those who will be back charged.
• Maintain construction field folder that is released at the start of home.
• Maintain specific documentation of all problems that arise with any subcontractors.
• Maintain punch out lists on each home that you are building and forward to appropriate subcontractor for repair in a timely manner.
• Professionally walk through and present finished home to owner and to complete any outstanding items no later than 10 working days after walk through.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
3-5 years of construction/development project management experience with progressively increasing responsibility
Construction Management preferred
Please email resumes to: