Established in 1987, Vali Cooper and Associates, Inc. (VC&A), is a leading construction management firm providing professional services to a wide range of public and private sector clients. With more than 180+ licensed engineers, inspectors, and other support professionals in 9 offices in California, Nevada and Colorado. VC&A has the proven capabilities and consistency of service by local professionals to successfully manage the construction of virtually any project. For the past 15 years, VC&A has been listed by Engineering News-Record as one of the nation’s top 100 construction management firms.
We are seeking an experienced Resident Engineer that will be responsible for the administration of the construction contract as well as to lead multiple/concurrent projects for the City of Napa. All incoming and outgoing project documentation is channeled through the Resident Engineer, who has signatory authority for all project issuances to the client and contractor.
Candidate must have experience working in a team environment. Candidate must have the ability to direct and supervise field construction activities and staff, office engineering, inspection, materials testing, field contract administration, and to act as liaison with clients/owners, consultants, contractors, design professionals and regulatory agencies.
- Makes significant and final determinations regarding contract administration
- Maintains constructive relationships with the contractor and client
- Project safety –
- Conducts/attends bi-weekly Safety meetings
- Oversees and monitors the safety of VC&A personnel
- Monitors the contractor’s safety program
- Has knowledge of the pertinent contract documents and references specific to the project
- Understands, interprets and makes sound engineering determinations regarding contract documents
- Exercises sound engineering judgment and follows through on determinations made during oversight of all field operations
- Resolves or facilitates the resolution of all discrepancies or problems with contract documents and issues arising from field operations
- Creates and maintains open and productive communications among subordinates, sub-consultants, VC&A management, contractors, clients and the public
- Verifies all contract documentation is generated timely and filed in proper order
- Receives and generates all contract correspondence
- BS in Construction Management or Civil Engineering plus 5 years' experience over seeing CM projects
- Or 15 years in Construction Management and experience in marketing and business development.
- PE License required.
Compensation & Benefits
- VC&A offers an attractive compensation package. In addition, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Life, AD&D, Long-Term Disability, Long-Term Care, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Profit sharing plan, including 401-K with matching funds feature
- Physical fitness incentive
- Educational and professional development opportunities
- Reimbursement for membership in professional associations
- Paid Time Off and holiday program