POSITION TITLE: PROPOSAL COORDINATOR
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Associate Vice President- Business Development
Location: Westminster, CO
Established in 1893 by the Nottberg family, U.S. Engineering takes pride that our reputation for providing high quality mechanical construction work has kept us going strong for 125 years. We operate with a focus on the life cycle of each building we work on and the total cost of ownership.
Every member of the U.S. Engineering team is expected to understand and consistently demonstrate the following Core Values:
- Exhibit integrity in everything we do.
- Listen, identify and respond to customer needs.
- Provide quality, on schedule, at a competitive price.
- Respect, challenge and recognize each team member.
- Ensure a safe working environment.
If you share in these values, we invite you to join us to do great things with great people.
The Proposal Coordinator provides professional level creative support for the company’s proposal response function at the regional level. The Proposal Coordinator serves as the primary proposal creator for projects of various size, scope and revenue level. The position will also work closely with the Project Development team to coordinate and/or assist with marketing and communications projects, and other related projects as assigned.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Under the direct supervision of the AVP for Business Development, the position performs proposal content development for the purpose of creating complete, accurate and attractive project proposal RFQ responses. This will include: Developing and reworking content development, editing, proofreading, graphic design, desktop publishing, binding, etc.
- Works closely with the AVP of Business Development and Project Development team members to define scope and requirements for each proposal.
- Establishes and ensures deadlines for timely completion of review process and proposals.
- Maintains libraries of project photos, project experience, proposal boilerplate, and resumes.
- Contributes to U.S. Engineering’s CRM database for project development and marketing, which includes project information updates, resume creation and maintenance, and other key information.
- Ensures consistency in corporate branding and written communication style throughout the company.
- Coordinates regional client events and entertainment.
- Supports and / or attends industry trade shows and conventions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Scope: This position will provide professional level creative support for all project development activities for a particular designated region.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or industry specific preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of professional level business development and/or marketing function in the construction industry is required.
- Experience in administration within mechanical construction industry is a plus.
Overall Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs) typically needed for competent performance:
- High professional level of understanding and practical experience of the construction bid process, the role of key stakeholders in the process, etc.
- Must be proficient with Adobe InDesign
- Superior technical writing, editing abilities, and creativity
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Exceptional attention to detail and superior organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities - flexibility
- Keen time management skills and proven ability to successfully meet deadlines and commitments
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and foster effective professional relationships, internally and externally
- Must be a collaborative team player that takes ownership of the RFP response
Physical and/or travel demands:
- Work will be done in a typical office environment that will enable comfortable sitting, but may also require sitting, standing, occasional bending, reaching, stooping, and lifting light objects. Position involves keyboarding, use of computer monitor, and use of telephone.
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal background check.
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a drug test and submit compliance for random drug testing.