General Summary of the Position:
Work with the project manager to insure the project is on schedule and within budget. Assist the project manager update and modify the project schedule as necessary. Maintain communication with the subcontractors and suppliers to ensure prompt delivery of all materials and services. Communicating with the project owners / owner representatives, and oversee the quality of the work being provided. Ensure crews and subcontractors are in compliance with safety standards and maintaining meeting quality and production standards. Maintain daily work logs, crew time sheets, and billing reports.
Projects would typically include various types of concrete structures, paving, interchanges, intersections, pipe, dirt, signals, and various other civil aspects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Implement corporate policies, procedures and organizational structure for assigned operating segments within the framework of corporate policy.
- Assist with reviews of project plan to determine and establish time frame, work plan, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project.
- Includes Interacting with client representatives, A/E representatives and subcontractors.
- Ensure all company, client and project policies/procedures are adhered to as specified.
- Work with clients, subcontractors, suppliers and / or company field personnel is resolving field construction issues.
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and honing skills and competencies to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
- Accommodate additional responsibilities as assumed through personal initiative or assigned by higher authority.
- Proficient computer and computer related technology skills
- Proficient with various software packages including (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to follow and transmit written and oral instructions
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Able to work well independently and in groups
- Demonstrate attention to detail and apply the information appropriately.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, client representatives, company supervisors, project staff, subcontractors, suppliers and other company staff.
- Complete accurate mathematical analysis including project take offs, cost analysis, and change order requests.
- Able to safely operate various company vehicles.
- Able to demonstrate proficient problem-solving skills
- Ability to coordinate schedules and complete necessary tasks in a timely manner.
Education, Training and Experience
- Desire 5+ years as a Superintendent of DOT / Highway work.
- Any additional combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and an acceptable MVR.
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Involves working in both an office environment and outside conditions, that include inclement weather, heat, humidity, exposure to dust and exhaust and fumes.
- Working near moving mechanical parts and machinery.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue.
- Requires good manual dexterity and multi-limb coordination.
- Requires long periods of standing, sitting or walking.
- Working in front of a computer monitor and using a keyboard.
- Driving and navigating to various locations.
(Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.)
- Performs a variety of tasks involving moderate physical activity, walking, standing sitting, twisting, climbing, descending and driving
- Operate computers, related technology and various software
- Proficient written and verbal communication
- Able to read, analyze and apply various policies, plans, standards, specifications and regulations.
- Some knowledge of construction scheduling, cost control and cost forecasting.
- Organizational Skills, multitasking, leadership and decision-making ability
- Operate various company vehicles.
Must be able to pass controlled substance tests prior to and at all times during employment.
Valid Driver’s License with a clean MVR is required.
Benefits and Pay:
- Pay Range: Competitive Salary
- Benefits: Employer Paid
- Medical (after approximately 90 days)
- Dental (after approximately 90 days)
- Vision: (after approximately 90days)
- Profit Sharing 401(k) (immediately vested)
- Includes employer contribution of 5% of gross earnings.
- Vacation / Sick pay
- Company Vehicle