Locally owned and operated (Mukilteo WA), University Mechanical Contractors, Inc. (UMC) designs and builds complete mechanical systems for commercial and industrial projects. The vitality of a building depends on the mechanical systems - the heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing, piping, and controls that make a modern structure functional, safe, and comfortable. With a winning combination of expertise in mechanical contracting and dedication to our customers’ satisfaction from both our field and office employees, we offer the best in quality and value.
With over 95 years of experience, UMC is one of the largest mechanical contractors in Washington State, having performed commercial and industrial work in Oregon, Alaska, Nevada, California, and Hawaii.
We are actively seeking experienced Project Managers to join our team! Ideal candidates will be able to contribute to any or all of our four PM divisions: Commercial Projects, Special Projects, Industrial Projects, and Energy Projects.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- Review job estimate and prepare project budgets.
- Estimate and negotiate change orders
- Prepare/ review submittals
- Track, forecast, report labor hours and material costs
- Buyout major equipment and subcontracts
- Expedite and track deliveries of major equipment/materials
- Maintain working knowledge of general conditions, work scope and specifications of project contract/subcontract
- Maintain and control documents in compliance with UMC Standards as well as contractual compliance
- Supervise Project Engineers and General Superintendents including quarterly and annual coaching.
- Collaborate with field labor supervision to plan, organize and schedule project work including preparation of subcontract/contract integrated project schedule
- Review contract drawings, detail drawings and specifications
- Prepare fabrication shop work package including detail drawing review, material take off and buyout, and man-hour fabrication budget
- Ensure full compliance with UMC Safety Program at the jobsite
- Provide proactive, clear and timely communication to team members
- Be professional and uphold UMC Core Values
- Regular attendance and promptness are considered part of each employee's essential job functions.
Specific Job Skills:
- Ability to accurately estimate mechanical work
- Ability to lead and foster positive working environment
- Ability to understand and communicate basic mechanical concepts
- Advanced organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail - errors & mistakes can result in significant financial losses
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic - results driven
- Ability to multi-task job responsibilities
- Advanced computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Project, Access, and AutoCAD
Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of 5-10 years’ experience as a mechanical project manager
- Construction Management or Mechanical, Civil, or Chemical Engineering degree desired
- Supervise Project Engineers and General Superintendents.
- $80,000 - $115,000.00 per year (depending on experience)
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Short/Long term disability insurance
- Flex benefit plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (4% company match)
- Education/tuition assistance program
- Vacation/PTO/Sick Leave
- Cell phone and laptop provided by company
- Company vehicle provided (depending on project location) or weekly car allowance
- Gas for company vehicles provided
- Relocation assistance provided if necessary