Vali Cooper and Associates, Inc. (VC&A), now proudly a part of TRC, is a leading construction management firm providing professional services to a wide range of public and private sector clients. With more than 180+ licensed engineers, inspectors, and other support professionals in 9 offices in California and Colorado. VC&A has the proven capabilities and consistency of service by local professionals to successfully manage the construction of virtually any project. For the past 15 years, VC&A has been listed by Engineering News-Record as one of the nation’s top 100 construction management firms.
We are seeking a Project Manager (PM) to work with VC&A to work in the Centennial office who will drive Business Development, Program Management and Project Delivery. The position will include traveling throughout Colorado.
This position will assist in the
- Development and implementation of Project Management and Project Delivery services for designated construction management projects on a continuous basis.
- Coordination and execution of a BD and marketing strategy, consistent with VC&A’s overall strategic plan
- Pursuing and winning projects
- Recruiting and hiring qualified staff
- Building and establishing business relationships for additional and ongoing company business
Provide lead management responsibility for projects, including project oversight from initiation through construction, for:
o Those projects which the client (agency) is directly responsible to deliver
o Those projects when VC&A’s role is acting as the client’s primary representative for major projects being delivered by others
- Act as resident engineer or any qualified project-scope-related staffing needed to maintain personal overall utilization
- Assists the client (agency) in developing and implementing delivery strategies
- Directs the preparation of project schedules, budgets, and quality control procedures as they relate to the VC&A contract
- Resolves project delivery issues; provide recommended actions to the client (agency) as needed
- Develop and negotiate contracts/cooperative agreements for the client (agency), consultants, and private contractors
- Develop cost proposals in compliance with VC&A practices
- Supervise VC&A staff and external consultant teams providing Project Management and Project Delivery. Discuss and make recommendations of required staffing to your supervisor. Provide administrative forms as required by your supervisor including SCF, MLOA, EAF, etc.
- Provide positive efforts in recruiting Project Managers are expected to expand area resources by participating in outreach, interviews, performance evaluations and layoffs
- BS in Construction Management or Civil Engineering plus 5-10 years’ experience over seeing CM projects
- Minimum 15 years in Construction Management and experience in marketing and business development preferred.
- Project Engineer experience preferred.
- Bridge and structures representative experience a plus.
- CDOT experience preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
Vali Cooper & Associates, Inc. offers an attractive compensation package that is negotiable depending upon experience. In addition we offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Life, AD&D, LTD, Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance
- Profit Sharing Plan including 401-k with matching funds feature
- Fitness program
- Educational & Professional development opportunities
- Reimbursement for Membership in Professional Associations
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Program