Adolfson & Peterson Construction, one of the nation’s top contractors, is recruiting for an experienced Project/Field Engineer for projects in [Enter Region]. We combine more than 70 years of construction expertise with the newest technologies in order to meet our clients' needs. We serve owners, architects, and developers with a commitment to teamwork and quality and are constantly looking for people to help us achieve our company goals.
Because safety is paramount to AP and embedded into everything we do, all team members are responsible for working safely within our Incident and Injury Free culture.
The Project/Field Engineer will review, analyze, and resolve field construction problems and discrepancies. S/he will also develop project reports, schedules, and analyses and serve as a liaison to subcontractors and/or client representatives.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
Provide interpretation of plans, detail sheets, and specifications for contractors and/or craft supervisors
- Review shop drawings before issuance to subcontractors and filings
- In collaboration with others, create subcontractor agreements.
Establish exterior/interior grade and working lines for contractors or crafts
Monitor and respond to Purchase Requests, Field Orders, Change Orders, and Architectural Supplement Instructions
Create updates on the status of project metrics, progress and prices
- Order and monitor owner supplied materials
- Make recommendations to resolve scheduling and project issues
- Update the schedule
- Analyze and coordinate project progress, costs, budgets, and cash flow
- Review project plans for constructability and cost feasibility; complete project risk assessments and scope of work matrices
- Daily monitoring of project schedules and providing input for problem resolution and schedule revisions. Update schedules and write reports as required
Collaborate as part of the project team to ensure timely and quality results for the client
- Prepare bid packages, final estimates, change orders, and punch lists
- Implement a project safety program and monitor compliance
- Monitor the QC program for compliance
- Hold project pre-bid conferences and progress meetings
- Prepare pre-final punch-lists and check payment requests
- Liaison with and create positive communications with clients, subcontractors, other professional organizations, and staff throughout the organization
- Maintain the trade contractor/supplier log
Other responsibilities as assigned by regional leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture, or Engineering and experience in the areas of design, estimating and/or field supervision while achieving high quality construction standards
- Exposure to project accounting and contracts preferred
- Ability to read and comprehend building plans and specifications and recognize safety standards and issues
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Primavera, and Prolog.
- Exposure to Value Engineering life cycle costing and sustainability a plus
- Current or ability to become current with OSHA and company safety requirements
- Ability to travel and work at various job sites
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record required
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards
- Developed skills (written, oral, and listening) in order to effectively communicate with diverse audiences
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously under time constraints
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
Adolfson & Peterson Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer