Perform the planning and implementation of a sound financial review and control function to assist Program Management and Core Team in executing program schedule / cost control responsibilities.
- Responsible for implementation and maintenance of the integrated cost / schedule plan for program control of assigned engineering, manufacturing, and procurement activities; employing Earned Value criteria as appropriate
- Prepare financial status reports and analysis for the Program Manager, Core Team, and other functional managers outlining actual or potential problem areas relating to budget variances and potential cost overruns
- Analyze variances in cost and schedule performance against the plan and communicates the reasons for the variances and the proposed mitigation plan to Program Management
- Develop potential solutions to problem areas and, with Program Manager’s concurrence, implements corrective actions
- Provide cost/schedule direction to Program team in handling daily operating problems as they affect program schedule and costs
- Support the creation of program expenditure forecasts for internal/external customers
- Provide financial leadership in determining key cost drivers, risks and opportunities, ad-hoc scenario analyses and/or business models
- Orders, Revenue, Op Income and PWC forecasting and analysis
- Proposal Development and audit support
- Revenue recognition supporting internal and FASB/GAAP
- Other duties as assigned
Specific Skills Required
- Demonstrated ability to proactively solve problems and issues in a timely manner
- Strong planning, organizational and analytical skills
- IRAD and business model development and analysis
- Good understanding of industry and internal Accounting policies
- Process improvement oriented, ability to identify and implement improvement ideas
- Proficient in project management techniques – PMP certification a plus
- Proficient in earned value management (EVM)
- Effective communicator with ability to work within a team and foster trust and informed risk-taking.
- Self-motivated and proactive leader with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in in accounting operations, audit, government and external reporting with a bachelor degree or 4+ years with a Masters degree
- Experience with project controls of establishing baseline plans, managing/tracking plans, developing and presenting corrective action plans, mitigation strategies based on schedule risk assessment, critical path analysis, change management, and other business-related functions required to control a project
- Experience in a DOD (Department of Defense) environment.
- Experience with Deltek Cost Point
- Experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have an Active Secret Clearance and be eligible for a TS/SCI; Active TS/SCI preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Program Management, Finance, Business or Engineering, or a related field; Prefer Master’s degree
Person Specification (Behavioral Attributes)
Be the ROLE MODEL, Leads by example - Creates an inclusive work environment based on trust and respect. Continues to look for opportunities to grow and help others grow. Demands excellence - Able to work through ambiguity to facilitate/drive team performance. Sets standards and delivers high-quality work. Safety and integrity always - Ensures team operates with high standards of integrity. Makes safety a priority.
- Be CLIENT-FOCUSED, Collaborative Works with employees to ensure success with internal and external client delivery. Innovative - Executes new and creative solutions which advance internal and external client's objectives. Strategic - Identifies opportunities for long-term relationship with clients by anticipating cross-functional solutions and other opportunities.
- Be IMPACTFUL, Clear and frequent communications - Communicates often in an inspiring way, ensuring other’s viewpoints are solicited and considered. Listens and learns from others. Execution and results - Drives a team that achieves results through strong focus on execution and measurement.
- Be DECISIVE, Prioritize, focus and accountability - Aligns resources to critical business needs and delegates where appropriate, escalates issues as necessary to senior leadership to impact results. Ensures decisions are implemented, evaluated and takes accountability for results. Fact-based decisions - Seeks out factual information and assesses risk to make the best possible decision.
o Ability to work and influence at all levels in the organization.
o Firm supportive, responsible, open-minded and exercises good judgement.
o Excellent organization skills, accurate and pays close attention to details
o Provides quality products and outcomes
o Friendly, professional, good attitude, good communication both written and verbal
o Ability to work flexibly and under own initiative to achieve objectives
o Provides timely follow-up on outstanding tasks and issues:
ü Lead by example, attend training, ensure resources are available. Engage with clients on safety – set client safety objectives on projects.
ü Ensure all projects have risk assessments and safety plans in place.pr
ü Ensure all communications are published and understood. Start all meetings with a safety moment and visibly lead by example.
TMC Design is a cutting-edge engineering and manufacturing company specializing in electromagnetics, telemetry, radio frequency communications, electronic warfare (EW), and CEMA cyber electromagnetic activities. We create, enhance and sustain a multitude of systems including; SATCOM earth terminals, ultra heavy-duty mobile SATCOM terminals, space situational awareness tools (SSA), counter-space systems, EW systems, rapid prototypes, and custom antennas.
Our strength is providing rapid, state-of-the-art, cost-effective solutions to complex world issues for governmental and non-governmental customers.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TMC Design is a drug-free and equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs and is therefore fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by state or local law. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.