Adolfson & Peterson Construction, one of the nation’s top contractors, is recruiting for an experienced Pre-Construction Manager for projects in their Mountain States region. We combine more than 70 years of construction expertise with the newest technologies in order to meet our clients' needs. We serve owners, architects, and developers with a commitment to teamwork and quality and are constantly looking for people to help us achieve our company goals.
Because safety is paramount to AP and embedded into everything we do, all team members are responsible for working safely within our Incident and Injury Free culture.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Prepare conceptual cost models and budgets; perform quantitative analyses of construction documents and project program requirements.
- Provide direction and oversight of project coordination, logistics, staffing, and procurement of resources. Coordinate the preparation of cost models, milestone estimates, and GMP packages to ensure compliance with contract, scope, and budget requirements.
- Provide consultative guidance on constructability, schedule, quality, phasing, and staffing.
- Build and facilitate collaborative team processes among project participants.
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with owners, architects, engineers, and subcontractors. Network within the market to learn client business models and establish credibility.
- Build and manage subcontractor relationships; facilitate proposals, bids and presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field is preferred plus 6 – 10 years of experience in pre-construction, estimating, or related field with projects greater than $5 million or the equivalent of education and related experience
- MBA, LEED, DBIA, PE license or other advanced degrees are preferred
- Experience working with K12/higher education and health care required along with a thorough knowledge of different building systems so as to have the ability to advise clients or procure the appropriate subject matter experts.
- Knowledge of code, permitting, and municipality processes
- Ability to travel to project work sites
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Experience in driving accountability for financial and operational effectiveness, integrating and aligning efforts within teams, monitoring results, and tackling problems directly
- Ability to work within a complex business as an active participant in driving growth and change; demonstrated effectiveness in driving operations and executing plans.
- Experience cultivating an active network or relationships, driving collaboration and alignment, relating well to colleagues, and connecting with employees at all levels
- Developed written, oral, and listening skills in order to effectively communicate with diverse audiences
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously under time constraints
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
Adolfson & Peterson Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer