We hire exceptional people with positive outlooks; we train and equip them, then back them in whatever way they need to provide great customer service. Seriously, service jobs can be very rewarding, but they’re also challenging enough already without being asked to jump through hoops, charge outrageous prices, work 16 hour days, write lots of unnecessary paperwork, only to be laid off at the end of the season.
At Blue Sky we provide Service Without Hassles! And you can feel the difference in our teams. Employees who are treated well in turn treat clients well and the overall service experience is uplifting. In exchange, we pay well and we are committed to identifying, training, promoting and rewarding those who are committed to our clients. Come along for a Ride-Along Day and see for yourself - with no obligations. You may be the next perfect fit for our team.
We are one of metro Denver's most trusted service companies and our approval ratings reflect that. Most of our work comes from our large loyal customer base – clients who appreciate great service at a fair rate and you’ll find them accepting and refreshing to work with. We hold an A+ rating with the BBB and we are an Angie's List Super Service Award winner.
If this sounds like an opportunity you would be interested in - fill out an online app, then sit down and talk with us. We back our teams with a very generous benefits package and a work environment where they can grow and contribute to the overall effort in their own unique way – without excessive rules or hassles.
If you're looking for a company that treats its employees as well as its customers, then look no further. We're a busy service provider with old school values and new technologies and outlooks and we create satisfying, good paying, long-term positions. We service, repair and replace a variety of plumbing, heating, hydronic, air conditioning and fireplace systems throughout the Denver metro and Foothills areas. We offer a variety of work in a satisfying environment with outside training opportunities that are real, online “at your own pace” training for evenings, tool allotments, the chance to cross over and learn other areas of service, installation and more.
BASIC FUNCTION AND PRINCIPLE DUTIES:
- Great pay, killer benefits, modern technologies, available hiring bonuses and no outrageous prices to have to sell – what a concept.
- A Plumbing Service Techs primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identifying and correcting problems in the areas of Plumbing and Piping.
- Repairs and installation must meet or exceed current codes.
- Must be customer-focused and enjoy working closely with clients.
- Must have solid communication skills.
- Listening well to help uncover our customers needs and then providing only sound repair or replacements solutions that meet or exceed those needs.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must realize that the quality of our work is determined not by us, but by our customer and its suitability to their needs.
- Followup with customers in a timely manner.
- Complete all work as to meet and exceed our customer’s satisfaction level.
- Assist in instructing apprentices about proper troubleshooting and service of products and current code regulations if assigned.
- Assist in training, coaching, and evaluating the work of apprentices if assigned.
- Plumbing Service Technicians are required to understand company policies.
- Plumbing Service Technicians must also take a proactive stance on safety and report any concerns or violations immediately to the General Manager or Safety Manager.
- Ensures that instructions and information are related in a constructive and diplomatic manner and that all safety information, warnings and signs are understood and communicated to reporting personnel.
- Minimum qualifications include, and are not limited to, the following:
- Must have current certifications or show relative experience in areas such as the repair, service and replacement of plumbing and piping systems, and keep these skills and certifications up to date.
- Must have direct field experience sufficient to allow one to begin working alone after initial instruction period.
- High School diploma or GED certificate or evidence of equivalent experience in a service or construction-oriented business.
- May substitute on-the-job training on a year-to-year basis for some of the educational requirement.
- Must have strong paperwork skills and have the ability to fill out all business-related information such as timecards, service work order invoices, paperless invoicing by wireless device, etc.
- Must be able to train apprentices to do the same, if called upon.
- Must understand English in a competent manner in order to clearly communicate to those they supervise and those they report to.
- Must have a clear driving record and valid license.
- Must own the basic selection of hand tools, while most larger power tools are provided.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Health
- Weekly Pay thru direct deposit w/online access
- Simple IRA with a 3% company match
- Paid Vacation and Holiday Pay
- Spiffs for selling maintenance and other items
- Paid Birthdays Off
- Paid Fitness Club and Costco memberships
- Paid Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Paid Financial Wellness Planning & Training
- Paid Chiropractic Care
- Outside Training
- Nate Cert Assistance
- Tool Assistance
- Tool Allotment Accounts
- Uniforms Provided
- Vehicle Provide (Leads and Techs commute from home in them)
*Ask for details. Some benefits have a minimum length of employment or proximity requirement.