Employee is responsible for the clean and thorough preparatory work and proper application of vinyl, fabric, paper wall coverings and ‘walltalker.’
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Regular and predictable attendance is required – The scheduled working hours for this position are Monday-Friday from 7am to 3:30pm and will involve additional overtime (upon request).
- Preparation of the Job and Work Surface – Paper Hanger is responsible for careful and safe set-up of the materials at the work site, which could include setting up ladders or erecting scaffolding safely to perform tasks above ground level. Hanger may be required to remove old wallpaper and prep the surface for a clean application of the new material; and needs to be familiar with appropriate removal tools and products. Hanger handles the thorough prep work of the application surface and smoothing the work surface as needed.
- Paper Hanging – Hanger will use a variety of rollers and brushes on the job; and apply a variety of vinyl, fabric and paper wall coverings to the different work surfaces. Employee is responsible for knowing what preparation, adhesive and application technique is the most appropriate for a given material and work surface.
- Clean-Up – Employee also protects surfaces, trimmings, fixtures and windows, etc. as he/she works through and completes the paper hanging job. Hanger is always responsible for clean-up of the work site and putting tools and equipment back in its proper place.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE ‘REQUIRED’ FOR THE JOB:
- Paper Hanging experienceis required to meet the level of expertise for a company Paper Hanger as follows: Apprentice: 6 Months – 4 Years’ experience; Journeyman: 4+ Years’ experience.
- High school education or (GED) or equivalent is requested, but not required.
- Must pass drug test and E-Verify.
- Must to able to provideown hand tools and reliable transportation to and from work.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES THAT ARE ‘IMPORTANT FOR SUCCESS’ IN THIS POSITION:
- Willing to complete and apply learnings from a company safety orientation program to work.
- High standard of integrity and professionalism.
- Strong work ethic and follow-through on all job responsibilities.
- Ability to raise questions or concerns in a timely, proactive manner regarding the work assignment.
- Ability to read and understand construction documents including blueprints.
- Position requires full range of upper extremities in the manipulation of materials used in the paper hanging process, combined with simultaneous mental and muscular coordination.
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds on a regular/constant basis and up to 100 pounds when needed. Reaching above the shoulders and at shoulder height while carrying 20 pounds is required on a regular/constant basis.
- Must be able topush/pull20+ pounds on a regular/constant basis; and able to push/pull 50+ pounds frequently.
- Ability to stoop and bend/stand andwalkis required on regular/constant basis.
- Climbing scaffoldsand ladders of various heights is also required on a regular basis.
- The work environment is not alwayswell-lighted, heated, air-conditioned indoor production setting with adequate ventilation, and moderate noise.
- On occasion, the employee can be exposed to some air contamination (dust, paint fumes, smoke, disagreeable odors, airborne particles, etc.) and toxic or caustic chemicals in the work environment.
- On a regular basis, the employee will work above ground level where the possibility of falling exists.