Budget Truck Rental has great career opportunities and is currently seeking an Oil & Tire Changer, in our Grapevine, TX location. This position is responsible for refueling all vehicles, checking all fluids, ensuring and proper tire inflation. The position also changes oil, tires, mirrors, replace filters, repairs tow dollies, replaces windshield wipers and headlights. Completes minor repairs as directed and cleans and organizes the lot.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes repairs as listed above.
- Clean exterior and interior of vehicles to meet company standards. Turn in any articles left by customers to designated lost and found area
- Log movement of vehicles including mileage, gas, date, time, and any additional information required
- Coordinate vehicle movement with dispatcher
- Keeps lot organized and shop clean
- Identify and report vehicle damage, safety concerns and malfunctions to supervisor
- Perform all duties in conformance with appropriate safety and security measures
- Prepare paperwork for deliveries and exchanges
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Complete repair orders for maintenance work performed. Check completed repair order for accuracy. Time stamp forms to documented time worked on repairs and maintenance.
- Ability to interpret and understand basic documented standards and procedures including work orders and maintenance repair manuals. This includes adherence to recognized safety requirements and industry labor time standards.
- Follows direction by management and higher level technicians.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Tech school graduate is a plus.
- Prior 1 year maintenance experience is preferred, but not required.
- Valid Driver's License along with a good driving record is required and all candidates must be able to pass a background check and a drug test.
- Basic hand tools are a plus.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with and around hazardous materials.
- Individual accountability and strong attention to detail to consistently meet and exceed work quality standards.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with co-workers, internal and external customers.
- Ability to perform day-to-day physical tasks involving moderately demanding work including: standing, kneeling, crawling, turning, and pushing or lifting moderately heavy objects.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
Avis Budget Group is an EEO Employer - Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job, which may vary, based on job location, department or the assignment. The actual essential duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary by location, department, reporting structure or other business needs. No inference should be drawn that a specific job duty, responsibility or qualification is non-essential by its absence from this description.