Office Assistant – Accounting & Merchandising
West Plains LLC – Johnstown, CO
Currently seeking a qualified Office Assistant
West Plains LLC is a part of BioUrja Group and we are an agricultural commodity trading business specializing in warehouse operation, risk management, and transportation with a focus on creating value for the company’s producers and consumers. Our customers depend on us to provide market insight, risk management, and logistics support. We are federally licensed and bonded warehousemen that trade whole grains, feed ingredients, freight, and other commodities within North America.
We are headquartered in Omaha Nebraska and have twenty-five locations spread across six states. The company controls nearly 20 million bushels of elevator space though ownership or lease agreements.
We are looking for an Office Assistant based out of our Johnstown, CO location. This role will be to support the Accounting and Merchandising Teams in coordinating, organizing, and tracking the physical movements of agricultural commodities. This includes verifying, processing, filing physical and electronic documents, and providing customer service related to commercial contracts made by traders to grow and enhance West Plains’ Grain and Feed Business.
Summary of Job Duties
- Assist in day-to-day office activities related to grain and feed. This Includes:
- Answer and direct inbound phone calls.
- Handle and prepare inbound and outbound mail.
- Weigh and grade inbound and outbound trucks to ensure movement of grain and feed as necessary to meet contractual requirements made by the Merchandising Team.
- Present daily reports to Merchandising Team, identify discrepancies and confirm accuracy.
- Update daily freight movements and scheduling information.
- Monitor all documentation necessary to facilitate the physical movement of grain and feed (Bills Of Lading, Origin/Destination Tickets, Certificates Of Analysis, Grain Inspection documents, Insurance Certificates, etc.).
- Coordinate and follow up with the Accounting Team to ensure record keeping accuracy and confirm all required documentation is provided for freight payments, origin/producer payments, and destination invoicing.
- Assist Accounting and Merchandising Teams in collection of accounts receivable.
- Gereet customers and provide exemplary customer service in a pleasant, unassuming manner to help improve customers’ business experience with West Plains.
- Manage a large volume of physical and electronic document flows and ensure accuracy from receipt to archival.
- Weigh and grade inbound and outbound grain and feed trucks according to established scale-house procedures.
- Provide input on process improvements when issues are identified.
- Follow employment policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook, as well as company risk, contracting, and operational policies where applicable at all times.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required due to the seasonality of the business. (July and Fall Harvest)
- Travel is minimally required in order to meet with business counterparties, customer functions, or to other locations in the Region at the direction of the Regional Manager. Any travel expenses incurred to be reimbursed per West Plains LLC company policy.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office / Google Docs.
- Ability to work independently and stay on task in a fast paced environment.
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent.
- Preferred two years of experience in Agricultural commodities business and/or a customer service position.
- Ability to work independently and coordinate work of others. Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- 401(k)/ Retirement savings
- Friendly work environment
- Paid-Time Off
- Paid Holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BioUrja is not currently accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BioUrja via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at BioUrja in any form without a valid written agreement in place for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of BioUrja. As a result, no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BioUrja.