MultiSource Manufacturing LLC is a customer-focused contract manufacturer working to provide affordable, high quality engineering and fabrication services. We strive to be a comprehensive resource for all the services you need from hands-on project management to industry standardized installation. For precision machining to complete assembly, MultiSource is your one-stop-shop for quality, efficiency, and excellence in manufacturing.
In this position, you will set-up, operate, and verify the quality of work on a wide variety of CNC machines involving close tolerances and difficult set-ups. Additionally, you will perform routine or repetitive operations in a manner which will consistently meet quality requirements and production standards. Actively participates in continuous improvement activities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Performs repeat set-ups without supervision. May perform more complex set-ups with supervision.
- Monitors variations in sequence, e.g., positioning, cycle time, etc., and makes necessary corrections.
- Works from drawings and/or specifications with direction from the Team Leader.
- Troubleshoots routine jobs without supervision and more complex jobs with supervision.
- Runs production and deburr’s parts as required.
- Studies specifications, blueprint, drawings or sample prototypes to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished parts.
- Select and align tooling, fixtures and attachments for machining.
- Adjust machine to produce a conforming product.
- Perform in-process inspection of own work while running machine.
- Complete required paperwork and keep material and paperwork organized.
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly condition. Works safely and complies with all established safety rules and work practices.
- Maintain and care for all shop tools, machines and equipment.
- Conform to the company quality system as documented.
- EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: High school education or equivalent, plus at least 2 years of Vo-Tech training in machine tool technology or a related area or equivalent.
- EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: At least 2 to 3 years of machine set-up and operating experience in a job shop environment.
- PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Lift up to 40 pounds.
- LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to understand and follow instructions in English.
- SKILLS ABILITIES: Very strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Ability to read blueprints and use measuring instruments.