Purpose of the Job
This position is comprised of various tasks to support the smooth and efficient operation of supply chain processes such as:
· Monitoring the quality, quantity, cost and efficiency of the movement and storage of goods;
· Coordinating and controlling the order cycle and associated information systems;
· Analyzing data to monitor performance and plan improvements and demand;
· Allocating and managing staff resources according to changing needs;
· Liaising and negotiating with customers and suppliers;
· Developing business by gaining new contracts, analyzing logistical problems and producing new solutions.
Knowledge and Experience
Intimate knowledge of specialty chemicals marketplace with 5 years managerial experience. This experience should reflect demonstrated knowledge of finance, strategy, people management and leadership skills.
A Bachelors in Business is preferable with a sound understanding of the Special Chemicals Supply Chain base on which we base our businesses. Experience in Supply Chain Management and Inventory Control is required.
· Manage Material Information Group in a manner to assure employees’ safety and group’s efficiency.
· Manage Plant and DC Planners in a manner to assure employees’ safety and group’s effectiveness.
· Use the forecast to maintain DRP plans and planning data for the 3PLs to assure high customer service while meeting inventory targets for the year.
· Supervise monthly plant production plan process to support forecast customer and 3PL requirements.
· Operate his/her area/function in accordance and awareness of Company Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) policies.
· Take immediate action to eliminate significant risk and to propose actions to eliminate non-conformances or deviations.
· Ensure that individual responsibilities within the unit/function are clearly documented and communicated.
· Ensure his/her employees are appropriately qualified and have sufficient resources and skills to fulfill their responsibilities.
· Routinely report on relevant EHS performance metrics for his/her subordinates.
· Take an active role in training all employees and conducting routine awareness programs in his/her area of responsibility in the EHS requirements and policies to ensure that all employees are adequately trained for their function.
· Must understand and follow all quality initiatives and processes for ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14001:2004 and other ISO regulations, procedures and processes as they pertain to job responsibilities.
For consideration email: