Control and oversee a new construction job from start to finish with budget, efficiency, and quality in mind without direct supervision.
- Required Skills
- Must be able to handle heavy work load with interruptions, be able to work under pressure, strong communication skills, basic knowledge of hand tools, ability to read a tape measure, ability to follow instructions, knowledge of the plumbing industry, general construction knowledge, able to read construction documents, and know where to find code information.
- Special Credentials
- Active Journeyman Plumber License
- Driver’s License Preferred and May Be Required
- Years Experience
- 4+ Years in both Residential and Commercial Plumbing Applications preferred
- Be able to stand long periods, ability to lift 100 lbs, ability to climb ladders, crawl in tight spaces, and ability to work outdoors.
- Coordinate All Facets of Installation
- Able to complete highly technical installations.
- Direct a job-site crew.
- Translate construction documents from paper to actual installation.
- Visualize installations.
- Be aware of budget and job-costing on jobs.
- Communicate and coordinate with general contractor or owner.
- Communicate and coordinate with other trades.
- Pre-plan materials and equipment on the job.
- Refer change orders and RFIs to the appropriate personnel.
- Keep project on schedule.
- Install equipment and materials per code.
- Attend job-site meetings
- High quality of workmanship on the job.
- Coordinate with Internal Personnel to Meet Job Requirements
- Make Decisions Using Own Judgment
- Train all Positions Below
- Order Supplies With Manager Approval
- Ensure a Safe Working Environment.
- Keep Truck Clean and Organized
- Keep Job Site Clean and Organized
- Ensure all Company Assets are Securely Locked and Accounted For