Responsible for supporting engineering activities and developing a comprehensive ILS program for operations and sustainment of ground systems. Position requires the ability to comprehend Customer requirements, formulate plans, and generate ILS and Sustainment documentation.
- Provides subcontractors, suppliers, management, and customers with logistics technology that ensures effective and economical support.
- Analyzes contractual commitments, customer specifications, design changes, and other data to plan and develop logistic program activities from conceptual stage through life-cycle of product.
- Develops and initiates preparation of handbooks, bulletins, and information systems to provide and supply logistics support.
- Compiles data on standardization and interchangeability of parts to expedite logistics activities.
- May perform special research or technical studies critical to logistic support functions.
- May utilize computer techniques for analysis, simulation or information systems and documentation.
- Conducts derivation of failure modes and effects, reliability/maintainability/availability, and recommended spares from engineering drawings and parts data
- Generates maintenance tasking tables, maintainability documents
- Coordinates and conducts ILS events such as Log Demo, M-Demo with Customers
- Supports Human Factors Engineering and Safety Assessment reporting
- Other duties as assigned
Specific Skills Required
- Familiar with MIL-STD-1472 and MIL-HDBK-217
- Must be proficient with MS Excel and Project
- Strong analytical & decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with Customers, business partners, and work within a team
- Ability to influence others to effectively support projects/initiatives
- Basic understanding of Continuous Improvement tools & methodologies
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment to support quick turn-around of material buys and deliveries.
- Eight (8) years of experience working as an Integrated Logistics Support Engineer
- Experience with Vendor Life Cycle Sustainment, Sparing, Obsolescence, and Supply Chain Management
- Experience with development of Depot Maintenance Concept and Support plans and provisioning guidance
- Experience performing Trade Studies which include Life Cycle cost and risk analyses
- Undergraduate degree in logistics, engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and work
- Current DoD TS with SCI eligibility required
Preferred: Advanced degree in logistics, engineering or related field