Mountain View Electric Association (MVEA) was incorporated in 1941 and is a valued member of the community we serve. We are a growing not-for-profit electric cooperative owned and run by our members. We provide reliable and affordable electric service to a portion of eight counties located within a 5,000 square mile territory.
Top Reasons to Work with Us:
- Competitive Salary and Outstanding Benefits Package
- Traditional Pension Plan and 401(k) with Company Match
- Stable and Growing Company
- Great Company Culture!
Supervises the administration of the geographic information system and associated mapping and data entry tasks as well as overseeing other technology systems. This position will also provide backup supervision for servers, networks, telephone systems, Microsoft SharePoint and Office products, NISC iVUE enterprise software and electronic devices including personal computers, laptops, tablets, printers and cellphones.
- Evaluates changing technology, makes recommendations to improve organizational efficiency.
- Conducts research on emerging products, services, protocols and standards that could improve the Association and IT functions.
- Assists with the preparation of the annual IS budget and conduct monthly reviews. Assist with preparation of long term financial forecasting, including cost of service studies and rate analysis.
- Supervise and provide positive leadership for employees. Manages technical training for mapping personnel. Provides mapping training and resources for other MVEA employee groups.
- Assign and direct work to ensure goals are met.
- Maintains, adheres to and promotes compliance with the Association Information Services Manual while identifying and communicating potential risks to management and employees.
- Help lead, coordinate and participate in key process improvements, including integration of departmental systems. Responsible for providing custom interfaces, custom reports, or data conversions as needed.
- Negotiates contracts and plans, directs and coordinates the activities of all contractors hired by the Association as they relate to mapping services.
- Develop and test our Information Service Business Continuity Plan including server backups, offsite data storage, and disaster recovery.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in a related field; or ten years related experience or training; or equivalent education and experience. Must have a minimum of 6 years' experience with geographic information systems, networking architecture, server hardware and operating systems including, but not limited to; domain controllers, servers, security applications, virtual environments, and VMware administration.
- Four years of progressively responsible experience in GIS and IT systems management and project management.
- Three or more years of previous supervisory and management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of communication and conflict resolution skills with the ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Use creative thinking and problem solving techniques to come up with innovative solutions.
- Communicate and interact effectively with members and co-workers in a courteous, professional manner.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, well organized, personable, and able to exercise discretion, and use sound judgement in dealing with people and confidential information.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Females/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.