Mountain View Electric Association (MVEA) was incorporated in 1941 and is a valued member of the community we serve. We are a growing not-for-profit electric cooperative owned and run by our members. We provide reliable and affordable electric service to a portion of eight counties located within a 5,000 square mile territory.
Top Reasons to Work with Us:
- Competitive Salary and Outstanding Benefits Package
- Traditional Pension Plan and 401(k) with Company Match
- Stable and Growing Company
- Great Company Culture!!
The Information Services Manager plans, directs, and controls the activities for the in-house technology systems, company wide digital communication systems and facilities.
- Evaluates changing technology, makes recommendations to improve organizational efficiency.
- Prepares annual IS budget and reviews monthly. Assist with preparation of long term financial forecasting, including cost of service studies and rate analysis.
- Supervise and provide positive leadership for employees. Provide management and employee training on updates and changes.
- Assign and direct work to ensure goals are met.
- Maintains, adheres and promotes compliance with the Association Information Services Manual while identifying and communicating potential risks to management and employees.
- Evaluates, recommends, purchases, configures and maintains software, servers, personal computers, phone systems, portable computing devices and networking equipment, document systems interfaces and licensing.
- Leads, coordinates and participates in key process improvements, including integration of departmental systems. Responsible for providing custom interfaces, custom reports or data conversion as needed.
- Negotiates contracts and plans, directs and coordinates the activities of all contractors hired by the Association as they relate to Information Services and Facilities activities.
- Develops and tests Information Service Business Continuity Plan including server backups, offsite data storage and disaster recovery.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in a related field; or eight years related experience or training; or equivalent education and experience.
- Requires two years or more previous supervisory experience.
- Extensive knowledge of project management and communication and conflict resolution skills with the ability to maintain effective working relationships and the ability to utilize creative thinking and problem solving techniqes.
- Communicate and interact effectively with members and co-workers in a courteous, professional manner.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, well organized, personable, and able to exercise discretion, and use sound judgement in dealing with people and confidential information.