At Blue Sky we believe in hiring exceptional people who are willing to work for excellent results. Employees who are treated well, will in turn, treat customers well. In exchange, we are committed to the development of our good people by identifying, cultivating, training, rewarding and promoting those individuals who are committed to moving our company forward.
If this philosophy resonates with you, then you should sit down and talk with us. We offer a generous benefits package and a work environment wherein team members can grow and contribute to the overall effort in their own unique way – without excessive rules. We’re a growing, progressive company and you may be the next “perfect fit” for our team.
We are one of metro Denver's most trusted service companies and our customer approval ratings reflect that. We have held an A+ rating with the BBB for over 17 years and we are an Angie's List Super Service Award winner for the past 5 years. If you're looking for a company that treats its employees as well as its customers, look no further. We offer a variety of year-round work in a satisfying environment with outside training opportunities, tool allotments, the chance to cross over and learn other areas of service and installation and more.
We're a busy service provider and we service, repair and replace or upgrade a variety of residential and commercial HVAC, gas fireplace and Boiler/hot water heat systems throughout the Denver metro and Foothills areas.
BASIC FUNCTION AND PRINCIPLE DUTIES:
- A Journeyman HVAC technician’s primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Layout and checking of work of apprentices and laborers.
- Identifying and correcting problems in the HVAC areas.
- Repairs and installation that meets or exceed current codes.
- Communicating with customers, foreman, General Contractor and/or owners to ensure that jobs and tasks are completed correctly and in a timely manner and to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Assist in instructing apprentices about proper installation and service of products and current code regulations.
- Assist in training, coaching, discipline and evaluating the work of apprentices and laborers.
- Journeymen are required to understand the company policies, and enforce such policies among apprentices, laborers and other company personnel on the jobsites.
- The journeyman must also take a proactive stance on Safety and report any concerns or violations immediately to the General Manager, Human Resources Manager or Owner.
- Ensures that instructions and information are related in a constructive and diplomatic manner and that all safety information, warnings and signs are understood and communicated to reporting personnel.
- Minimum qualifications include, and are not limited to, the following:
- Must illustrate completion of a complete course of study in HVAC and associated technical specialties.
- Must have current certification such as NATE training, installation and repair training on boilers, furnaces, air conditioners; refrigeration certification, etc and keep these skills and certifications up to date.
- High School diploma or GED certificate or evidence of experience in a construction-oriented business.
- Must have direct field experience sufficient to allow one to begin working alone after initial instruction period and to illustrate a Journeyman's skill level, if so .
- May substitute on-the-job training on a year-to-year basis for some of the educational requirement.
- Must have strong paperwork skills and have the ability to fill out all business-related information such as timecards, service work order invoices, etc.
- Must be able to train apprentices and laborers to do the same.
- Must understand English in a competent manner in order to clearly communicate to those they supervise and those they report to.
- Must have a clear driving record and valid license.
- Must own required hand tools.
- Medical Insurance*
- Dental Insurance*
- Vision Health Checks*
- Disability Insurance*
- Simple IRA with a 3% company match*
- Paid Vacation and Holiday Pay*
- Spiffs for selling maintenance and other items
- Paid Birthdays*
- Ongoing Outside Training
- Crossover Training in our other fields of expertise
- Busy, year-round schedule
- Training Reimbursement
- Moving Assistance
- Nate Cert Assistance
- Tool Assistance
- Tool Allotment Accounts
- Uniforms Provided
- Vehicle Provide (Leads and Techs commute from home in them*)
*Ask for details. Some benefits have a minimum length of employment or proximity requirement.