The essential functions of the Service Manager are to prioritize, direct, supervise, coach and train all field Technicians. Focus on customer service and delivery of product/service. The Service Manager utilizes customer service training to educate and assist Field Technicians with regard to educating customers in choosing service, finance options and handling customer relations. This position is aware of the importance of incentive programs and ensures fair and equitable distribution and proper documentation of work. Is knowledgeable of the concept of flat rate pricing and it’s and practice.
- Directly supervises, manages and develops all Service Department field service technicians.
- Planning and management in the safe and efficient servicing of new and existing HVAC equipment, components and systems.
- Responsible for effectively developing, maintaining and reporting service department plans, work in-progress, service revenue forecasts and budgets, see that all local and state codes are properly met, and actively promote the sale of replacement units, as well as, service and preventative maintenance warranty’s.
- Responsible for hiring, terminating and disciplining of employees, employee scheduling, setting work priorities, and conducting departmental meetings, counseling and training field employees, evaluating performance and directing work assignments to ensure effective client and company objectives.
- Responsible for meeting revenue and gross profit goals while assuring the work is completed on time and to the clients’ satisfaction.
- Responsible for working closely with other departments to ensure the proper transfer of all service work business data required for payroll, billing, accounts payable, vehicle management, and human resource management functions.
- Minimum of 5 years as an HVAC Service Manager; or adequate field supervisory experience a plus.
- Ensure all repairs and maintenance meet environmental protection requirements
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; able to maintain and protect confidential information.
- Working knowledge of the techniques, methods, tools, & safety precautions of the HVAC trade.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Able to work independently and able to instruct others
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications
- Ability to multi-task when needed
- Able to read blueprints, diagrams, and technical schematics
- Good mathematical and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of relevant building codes, legislation and regulations