At Blue Sky we believe that our company is only as healthy as our reputation. Our single greatest asset is our team members and they're the single component that is truly unique and cannot be copied by any competitor. We know that if we take better care of our team, they will in turn earn the loyalty that has kept clients coming back to us for four generations. We are one of metro Denver's most trusted service companies and our customer approval ratings reflect that. We have held an A+ rating with the BBB for over 17 years and we are an Angie's List Super Service Award winner for the past 5 years. If you're looking for a company that treats its employees as well as its customers, look no further. If this sounds like a shared ethic and the kind of workplace that you would be interested in, then you should sit down and talk with us. We back our team with a generous benefits package, a variety of year-round work in a satisfying environment with outside training opportunities, tool allotments, the chance to cross over and learn other areas of service and installation and more. We’re a growing, financially healthy, progressive and employee-centric company and you may be the next “perfect fit” for our team.
BASIC FUNCTION AND PRINCIPLE DUTIES:
- An HVAC Installation Technician’s primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Guidance and checking of work of apprentices.
- If not already Nate certified, must be willing to work towards this certification.
- Layout and installation or replacement of various HVAC comfort systems.
- Installations and modifications that meet or exceed current codes.
- Communicating with customers, Sales Staff, General Contractor and/or owners to ensure that jobs and tasks are completed correctly and in a timely manner and to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Assist in training, coaching, discipline and evaluating the work of apprentices, if assigned.
- Journeymen are required to understand the company policies, and enforce such policies among apprentices, and other company personnel on the jobsites.
- The journeyman must also take a proactive stance on Safety and report any concerns or violations immediately to the General Manager, Human Resources Manager or Owner.
- Ensures that instructions and information are related in a constructive and diplomatic manner and that all safety information, warnings and signs are understood and communicated to reporting personnel.
- Minimum qualifications include, and are not limited to, the following:
- Must have current CFC certification and experienced in the installation and modification of forced air systems, gas, flue and refrigerant piping, etc and keep these skills and certifications up to date. Boiler and plumbing piping experience would be a plus, but is not required.
- High School diploma or GED certificate or evidence of equivalent experience in a service-oriented business.
- May substitute relevant experience on a year-to-year basis for educational requirements.
- Must have strong paperwork skills and have the ability to fill out all business-related information such as timecards, service work order invoices, etc.
- Must be able to train and guide apprentices to do the same.
- Must understand English in a competent manner in order to clearly communicate to those they supervise and those they report to.
- Must have a clear driving record and valid license.
- Must own the basic selection of hand tools, multimeter and torches, with most detectors, reclaimers and power tools being provided. Tool purchase assistance is available.
- Medical Insurance*
- Dental Insurance*
- Vision Health Checks*
- Disability Insurance*
- Simple IRA with a 3% company match*
- Paid Vacation and Holiday Pay*
- Spiffs for selling maintenance and other items
- Paid Birthdays*
- Ongoing Outside Training
- Crossover Training in our other fields of expertise
- Busy, year-round schedule
- Training Reimbursement
- Moving Assistance
- Nate Cert Assistance
- Tool Assistance
- Tool Allotment Accounts
- Uniforms Provided
- Vehicle Provide (Leads and Techs commute from home in them*)
*Ask for details. Some benefits have a minimum length of employment or proximity requirement.