Heavy equipment repair technicians diagnose, adjust, repair, overhaul, install, service and maintain large mobile mechanical vehicles and equipment designed for construction activities such as heavy lifting and earth plowing.
$44,600 - $83,068
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Diagnose and identify malfunctions using computerized tools and equipment.
- Accurately troubleshoots and repairs equipment.
- Reads, understands and applies mechanical, electrical, fuel and hydraulic schematics to repair work
- Perform scheduled maintenance, such as cleaning and lubricating parts
- Inspect, repair, and replace defective or worn parts.
- Removes, repairs, and installs major heavy equipment components in varying configurations.
- Overhaul and test major components, such as engines, fuel, hydraulics, and electrical systems
- Travel to work sites to repair heavy construction machinery.
- Maintains truck and equipment inspection and service logs on a daily basis
- Maintains tooling in good working order as per OSHA regulations
- Applicant must be at least 18 Years of age
- Must possess own tools.
- Truck and diesel engine experience
- Able to work on several makes and models of equipment.
- Ability to pass pre and post-employment drug screening
- Ability to pass driving evaluation and work history verification.
- Ability to handle stress, work independently, manage time and multitask.
- Good driving record to be able to drive Company vehicles
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with customers, vendors, and employees.
- Able to obtain or possess a CDL B License
This job has no supervisory duties.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Required: High school diploma or GED and a minimum of 12 months of maintenance experience. Advance technical and mechanical knowledge or related certifications with critical thinking and troubleshooting experience a plus. Willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and/or holidays as required to accommodate customer and project demands.
- Preferred: 3 plus years of minimum experience servicing trucks and heavy equipment such as scrapers, skid steers, bulldozers, excavators and backhoes. Welding knowledge and troubleshooting experience a plus.
This position requires the ability to communicate in English with co-workers, customers and the general public.
This job requires the ability to do and understand basic math equations.
Primary functions require the physical ability and mobility to repeatedly work overhead, kneel, crawl, push, pull and climb equipment as required by task. Ability to frequently lift 50 to 75 pounds.
Inside repair shop or outside exposed to variant weather conditions (hot, rain, snow) and ability to stand for long periods of time. Regularly exposed to hazards such as noise, fumes, moving equipment, liquids and lubricants.
We Offer an Outstanding Benefit Package:
- Health & Dental– 100% Employer paid premiums for employees and their families.
- Voluntary Vision Plan-Optional
- FSA Accounts - Optional
- HSA Account - with HDHP
- Paid Holidays & Vacation
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer match contributions up to 3%.
- $100 Monthly Employer paid Short Term Disability - Additional Voluntary Employee deductions to cover up to 60% of Weekly Wages - Optional.
- Long term Disability - Optional
- 25,000.00 Employer paid Basic Life and AD&D Insurance-- Additional Voluntary deductions up to 5 times Annual Wages - Optional
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Applicants that require reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should contact Human Resources at 303-429-8893.