Specialist to provide hands on as well as direction, policy guidance and/or consulting services regarding accounting in the DoD government environment. This position will interpret highly complex program issues for accounting and financial impact and assist with development of comprehensive accounting and financial policies and procedures to coordinate with the implementation and operation of varied and rapidly changing programs. Works with budget and program managers to develop financial systems, allocation policy and procedures and reporting mechanisms. Additionally, this position will monitor fiscal activities of the company, communicates financial policies through formal and informal training programs and consulting operations, and participate in the development of automated systems for the department.
• Business advisor to management and supervisors of all levels to ensure governmental regulations compliance and proper charging, accumulation of costs, policy/procedure and regulatory guidance.
• Develop, write and ensure Disclosure Statements are compliant with regulatory requirements and conducted in accordance with TMC best practices.
• Provide independent support of Government audits on all Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) issues, Business systems audits, post award audits, and operational audits.
• Create, write, implement new, or revise existing, TMC policies and procedures.
• Support development and submittal of incurred cost claim as requested.
• Conduct financial presentations for internal and external customers.
• Manage billing rate process with DCMA.
• Establish and maintain an effective and professional working relationship with the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) and the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA.) including direct, indirect and overhead rate evaluation.
• Prepares annual Cash-to-GAAP financial statements, including cash flows for Government clients using the standards issued by the Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
• Manages EVMS and evaluates and builds in procedure utilities in current Deltek tools to administer CAS compliant accounting system
• Tracking fixed assets and preparing depreciation schedules
• Analyzes practices, procedures and processes to identify areas of efficiency, cost avoidance and improvements
• Trains other TMC functions on accounting topics for proper execution
• May task and guide junior-level accountants / analysts
• Other duties as assigned
Specific Skills Required
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), organization, and analytical skills are a must
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially with skills in Word and Excel.
• Ability to work independently on tasks and projects; while also collaborating with peers in a team-oriented environment
• Able to independently resolve issues.
• Attends to details and reviews own work to ensure it is complete and correct. Follows up on potential questions.
• Ability to learn software tools and TMC records systems for production of reports, analysis, and presentations.
• Proficient Knowledge in Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) cost principles.
• Experienced user of Deltek Costpoint Financial and Accounting system
• Eligible to receive a security Clearance
Minimum: 8+ years experience in FAR and CAS compliant government accounting
Minimum: BS/BA in a related field
Preferred: Higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D.,
Person Specification (Behavioral Attributes)
• Be the ROLE MODEL
o Lead by example - Create an inclusive work environment based on trust and respect. Continue to look for opportunities to grow and help others grow.
o Demand excellence - Able to work through ambiguity to facilitate/drive team performance. Sets standards and delivers high-quality work.
o Safety and integrity always - Ensures team operates with high standards of integrity. Makes safety a priority.
• Be CLIENT-FOCUSED
o Collaborative Works with employees to ensure success with internal and external client delivery.
o Innovative - Executes new and creative solutions which advance internal and external client's objectives.
o Strategic - Identifies opportunities for long-term relationship with clients by anticipating cross-functional solutions and other opportunities.
• Be IMPACTFUL
o Clear and frequent communications - Communicates often in an inspiring way, ensuring other’s viewpoints are solicited and considered. Listens and learns from others.
o Execution and results - Drives a team that achieves results through strong focus on execution and measurement.
• Be DECISIVE
o Prioritize, focus and accountability - Aligns resources to critical business needs and delegates where appropriate, escalates issues as necessary to senior leadership to impact results. Ensures decisions are implemented, evaluated and takes accountability for results.
o Fact-based decisions - Seeks out factual information and assesses risk to make the best possible decision.
Ability to work and influence at all levels in the organization.
Firm supportive, responsible, open-minded and exercises good judgement.
Excellent organization skills, accurate and pays close attention to details
Provides quality products and outcomes
Friendly, professional, good attitude, good communication both written and verbal
Ability to work flexibly and under own initiative to achieve objectives
Provides timely follow-up on outstanding tasks and issues
TMC Design is a cutting-edge engineering and manufacturing company specializing in electromagnetics, telemetry, radio frequency communications, electronic warfare (EW), and CEMA cyber electromagnetic activities. We create, enhance and sustain a multitude of systems including; SATCOM earth terminals, ultra heavy-duty mobile SATCOM terminals, space situational awareness tools (SSA), counter-space systems, EW systems, rapid prototypes, and custom antennas.
Our strength is providing rapid, state-of-the-art, cost-effective solutions to complex world issues for governmental and non-governmental customers.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TMC Design is a drug-free and equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs and is therefore fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by state or local law. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.