National and Alamo has an exciting opportunity for a Diesel Automotive Technician - Mechanic. The Diesel Automotive Technician - Mechanic performs bus service, repair, in-fleeting service and buy back/turn back service according to company policy and procedures. This position requires the exercise of reasonable judgment and initiative. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards and perform timely inspections on light and medium duty vehicles to comply with DOT specifications.
This position is Full Time, 40 hour work week, with opportunity to take benefits and is located at Denver International Airport. The schedule will require working week-ends, evenings and holidays. This position will pay $24.00/hour + 1.00 extra for each additional current ASE.
- Ensure that all repairs and preventative maintenance are completed according to the manufacturer's specifications and guidelines.
- Provide safe and reliable vehicles upon completion of repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Perform in-fleet servicing on new cars according to company procedures as required.
- Perform buy back/turn back servicing according to company procedures as required.
- Perform vehicle servicing/repairing to maintain company standards.
- Maintain the work area in a safe and clean condition.
- Perform timely inspections on light and medium duty vehicles to comply with DOT specifications
- Perform related duties as required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.?
- Must have one year of truck operation and maintenance technical training at an accredited technical or trade school, OR a minimum of one year of technical experience in an automotive repair shop servicing current model vehicles, OR a combination of both required.
- 4+ ASE certifications required: Preventative Maintenance (H8 or T8), ASE for Diesel Engines (H2 or T2), Brakes (H4 or T4) and Electrical and Electronic Systems (H6 or T6)
- Must have a current and valid commercial driver's license (CDL) with no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record within the past 3 years, and no drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record within the past 5 years (DUI/DWI)
- Requires ownership of standard hand tools to perform basic maintenance and repair responsibilities
- Must be able understand, read, write, and speak English
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must have open availability to work (facility is open 24 hours, 7 days a week with varying work shifts)