BALART OUTDOOR ED CENTER - JAMESTOWN
245 work days per year
Starting Salary: $17.66 per hour
Essential Functions and Objectives:
- Provide all aspects of facility care at the Balarat campus, buildings and grounds. The grounds include 750 acres of land, 12 miles of trails, 2 miles of roads, 22,000 square feet of heated structures, 2 high challenge courses, 3 water systems including 10 wells, 3 wastewater systems and 28 outbuildings. Caretakers are required to live on site, where housing is provided. The Balarat campus is located in the foothills near Jamestown, Co.
Knowledge, Experience, & Other Qualifications:
- 4-5 years of trade and maintenance related experience preferred
- Skillful at painting, remodeling and doing minor carpentry work using hand tools and power equipment.
- Physically able to sustain the rigors of heavy outdoor working conditions
- Certifications required (Must have or obtain within 12 months of hire.)
- Small Systems Waste Water
- Water Operator Class D or higher
- Challenge Course facilitator
- First Aid/CPR or higher
- High school diploma or equivalent.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.