Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
InPwr Inc. is growing and looking for a motivated Electrical Estimator to join our team for our growing project’s needs.
Candidates must be detail-oriented, analytical problem-solver, and meet the requirements below. The primary responsibility is to develop accurate and timely electrical construction estimates. Day-to-day tasks include, but not limited to the following:
- Reviewing, analyzing, and interpreting bid documents to determine Scope of Work
- Organize project take offs, bid documents, and material price lists.
- Maintain an understanding of the electrical construction market for the company.
- Evaluate RFP’s and preliminary information for estimates and bids.
- Review all drawings and specifications for all divisions.
- Count electrical equipment, devices, and use a scale master to measure and quantify raceways for project data.
- Compare electrical and mechanical drawings for accuracy and/or conflicts.
- Communicate directly with vendors/suppliers as a company representative regarding estimates.
Additional Skills / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or similar studies.
- Working knowledge of the NEC
- Accubid or other estimating software experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years of electrical estimating or field experience on commercial/industrial projects of the $1-3 million range.
- Ability to use Word, and Excel.
- Demonstrate ability to read blue prints, one-lines, and electrical drawings.
- Translate electrical drawings, symbols, and diagrams.
- Knowledge and proficiency with Code requirements and basic electrical engineering calculations (voltage-drop, Ohm’s Law; conduit-fill; wire ampacity; de-rating, etc.).
- Competitive, goal oriented, well organized, and highly detailed.
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment.
- Additional duties as assigned by management
InPwr Inc. is an award-winning electrical design-build firm, headquartered in Indianapolis, IN, with a regional office in Denver, CO. We believe in building it better, focus on complex opportunities, and take electrical design to the next level, with licenses in over forty states and projects across the nation.
Our comprehensive compensation package includes medical benefits, paid holidays and vacation, education reimbursement, 401K, and a 30-day sabbatical experience after five years of employment. InPwr Inc. is an employer-of-choice, and our strong culture empowers our team members to achieve personal and professional growth throughout their careers, while enriching the clients and communities we serve.
InPwr Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must pass pre-employment screening, to include a background check and 10-panel drug testing, prior to employment.