Fiore & Sons, Inc. understands that the primary component of success is having a strong and capable work force. We achieve repeatable results by providing a quality workplace. At Fiore & Sons, you will find a company that strives to provide a sense of personal, financial, physical, and mental stability for its workforce.
$38,880 - $82,800
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Able to drive, operate and maneuver heavy equipment.
- Able to read and interpret grade stakes, site markings, maps, and blueprints, and or drawings to move soil according to defined specifications.
- Utilizes the appropriate and/or assigned construction machinery to safely, efficiently, and productively excavate, move, and grade soils in accordance with the defined parameters
- Able to properly set up and utilize grade control devices to assist in reaching the defined grade tolerances.
- Uses and understands all safety requirements of excavations and trenches.
- Conveys information to supervisors, and co-workers effectively.
- Actively aware of surroundings near the equipment to maintain safe operation and distances from potential hazards such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, or falling objects.
- Performs pre and post equipment checks and reports equipment issues to supervisors.
- Perform basic repairs to equipment in the event field mechanics are not available on site.
- Coordinate machine functions with crew members in response to hand and audio signals.
- When required, drive and maneuver equipment equipped with blades in successive passes over working areas to remove topsoil, vegetation, or rocks or to distribute and level earth or terrain
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate heavy equipment in the heavy commercial, industrial and civil construction market.
- Must have a good safety history and a willingness to engage and contribute to ongoing safe work practices including strong knowledge of excavation, trenching and shoring safety standards.
- Dependable and reliable with excellent attendance record.
- Ability to follow direction and work within parameters established by Management and Supervision.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with supervisors, team members, and client representatives.
- Minimum of two (2) years of proven construction heavy equipment operating experience performing grading and earthwork activities or progressive field experience in related construction industry.
- Advance skill in operating at least one (1) or more pieces of equipment such as Front End Loader, Backhoe, Skid-steer, or Excavator and moderate skill in operating two (2) other pieces of equipment.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, to ensure safety and conformance with state and local rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of arithmetic to perform simple calculations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Required High School diploma or GED.
This job has no supervisor duties.
Operators are subject to continuous bouncing, shaking and equipment vibration throughout the course of their shift. Work functions require the physical ability and mobility to repeatedly push, pull and climb to control cabin. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds intermittently.
Outside work exposed to variant weather conditions (hot, rain, snow) and muddy ground conditions. Ability to stand for long periods of time.
We Offer an Outstanding Benefit Package:
- Health & Dental– 100% Employer paid premiums for employees and their families.
- Voluntary Vision Plan-Optional
- FSA Accounts -Optional
- HSA - Optional with HDHP
- Paid Holidays & Vacation
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer match contributions up to 3%.
- $100 Monthly Employer paid Short Term Disability - Additional Voluntary Employee deductions to cover up to 60% of Weekly Wages - Optional.
- Long term Disability - Optional
- 25,000.00 Employer paid Basic Life and AD&D Insurance-- Additional Voluntary deductions up to 5 times Annual Wages - Optional
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Applicants that require reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should contact Human Resources at 303-429-8893.