At Blue Sky we believe in hiring exceptional people who are willing to work for excellent results and that employees who are treated well, will in turn, treat customers well. In exchange, we are committed to the development of our good people by identifying, cultivating, training, rewarding and promoting those individuals who are committed to moving our company forward.
If this philosophy resonates with you, then you should sit down and talk with us. We offer a generous benefits package and a work environment wherein team members can grow and contribute to the overall effort in their own unique way – without excessive rules. We’re a growing, progressive company and you may be the next “perfect fit” for our team.
We are one of metro Denver's most trusted service companies and our customer approval ratings reflect that. We have held an A+ rating with the BBB for over 17 years and we are an Angie's List Super Service Award winner for the past 5 years. If you're looking for a company that treats its employees as well as its customers, look no further. We offer a variety of year-round work in a satisfying environment with outside training opportunities, tool allotments, the chance to cross over and learn other areas of service and installation and more.
We're a busy service provider and we service, repair and replace or upgrade a variety of residential and commercial plumbing, boiler and hot water heat systems throughout the Denver metro and Foothills areas.
BASIC FUNCTION AND PRINCIPLE DUTIES:
A Drain Service Technician’s primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identifying and correcting problems in the areas of Plumbing, Piping and Drains.
- Repairs and installations must meet or exceed current codes.
- Must be customer-focused and enjoy working closely with clients.
- Must have solid communication skills that reflect a natural ease of connecting with others.
- Listening well to help uncover client needs and then providing only sound repair or replacements solutions that meet or exceed those needs.
- Must be detail oriented, must be careful in clients homes and meticulous about leaving a clean work space.
- Must realize that the quality of our work is determined not by us, but by our customer and its suitability to their needs.
- Followup with customers in a timely manner.
- Complete all work as to meet and exceed our customer’s satisfaction level.
- Assist in training, coaching, and evaluating the work of apprentices if assigned.
- Drain Service Technicians are required to understand and abide by all company policies.
- Drain Service Technicians must take a proactive stance on safety and report any concerns or violations immediately to the General Manager or Safety Manager.
- Must ensure that instructions and information are related in a constructive and diplomatic manner and that all safety information, warnings and signs are understood and communicated to reporting personnel.
- Minimum qualifications include, and are not limited to, the following:
- Must have current certifications or show relative experience in areas such as the repair, service and replacement of plumbing and piping systems, and keep these skills and certifications up to date.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency with a variety of drain machines and how best to apply them.
- Must demonstrate proficiency with making sound, client-focused repair recommendations.
- High School diploma or GED certificate or evidence of equivalent experience in a service or construction-oriented business.
- May substitute work experience on a year-to-year basis for educational requirements.
- Must have solid paperwork skills and have the ability to fill out all business-related information such as timecards, service work order invoices, paperless invoicing by wireless device, etc.
- Must be able to train apprentices to do the same as above, if called upon.
- Must understand English in a competent manner in order to clearly communicate to those they supervise and those they report to.
- Must have a clear driving record and valid license.
- Must own the basic selection of hand tools, while most larger power tools are provided.
- Medical Insurance*
- Dental Insurance*
- Vision Health Checks*
- Disability Insurance*
- Simple IRA with a 3% company match*
- Paid Vacation and Holiday Pay*
- Spiffs for selling maintenance and other items
- Paid Birthdays*
- Ongoing Outside Training
- Crossover Training in our other fields of expertise
- Busy, year-round schedule
- Training Reimbursement
- Moving Assistance
- Nate Cert Assistance
- Tool Assistance
- Tool Allotment Accounts
- Uniforms Provided
- Vehicle Provide (Leads and Techs commute from home in them*)
*Ask for details. Some benefits have a minimum length of employment or proximity requirement.