We're building our future with you.
Martin Marietta, an American company and a member of the S&P 500 index, is a leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, with operations spanning 36 states, Canada and the Caribbean, and dedicated teams transforming more than 100 years of irreplaceable natural resources into the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live. Martin Marietta’s Magnesia Specialties business provides a full range of magnesium oxide, magnesium hydroxide and dolomitic lime products.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
- Ensure effective dispatch and order taking functions are performed.
- Provide direct and/or indirect supervision over the dispatchers and customer service representatives to make sure related processes and systems are executed in a manner consistent manner.
- Interface with sales and production departments to ensure a proactive approach is taken to obtain superior customer service and timely deliveries.
- Demonstrate a commitment to communicating, improving, and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Maintain and improve order entry and dispatch systems and procedures to provide on-time delivery and effective communication with customers and internal personnel.
- Identify critical tasks, process gaps and training needs for customer service and dispatch related systems.
- High School Degree or equivalent required. Associates degree preferred.
- 5+ years of related experience
- Know and adhere to all DOT regulations
- Excellent customer service skills – dedicated to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers with focus being on unparalleled service
- Flexible and able to balance shifting priorities to meet deadlines
- Possess a general knowledge of construction, concrete and a solid understanding of the market, competition and geographic area
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and the desire to seek solutions
- Excellent leadership skills - must be able to motivate others and provide complete, direct and actionable feedback
- Exhibit strong organizational skills and use resources effectively and efficiently
- Commitment and willingness to devote great effort and time in order to reach goals
- Strategic business focus and ability to anticipate future consequences and trends accurately
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete data and under tight deadlines and pressure
- Proficient with Microsoft applications, specifically Excel, as well as industry related dispatching software
- Prescription Drug
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) - with Company matching
- Salary Continuation -- Short-term Disability
- Long-Term Disability Options
- Employee Life Insurance
- Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- College Scholarship Program – for dependent children
- Matching Gift Program
- New Auto Purchase Discount Plans