The Director, Educational Services, is a strategic role leading overall Education Services in Oil & Gas, Digital Solutions, with full ownership of learning strategy, execution and financial objectives. This role will interface with multiple functional teams in the development, creation and delivery of major customer programs and services, and is a major contributor to overall success of the Customer Success team.
The following duties and responsibilities of this position are performed at a mastery level of expertise. The role requires use of significant creativity to formulate and recommend direction at both strategic and tactical levels to senior management.
- Lead, plan and execute multi-year global learning strategies that create results, advantage and growth for our global organization
- Work closely with senior management to understand our Digital Solutions roadmap to drive the vision, strategy, plans and execution of the Digital Solutions learning agenda and program
- Direct and own the design and execution of education offerings and programs mapped to Digital Solutions initiatives and product/service offerings.
- Build and manage a learning team
- Formulate delivery strategies for curricula, including train-the-trainer, e-Learning, and internal and/or external instructor development.
- Track progress and compliance.
- Design and deliver scalable solutions that include a blended approach to learning such as coaching, classroom training, 1:1 session, action learning & e-learning, globally and in local language as appropriate.
- Identify, source and manage best-in-class vendors to meet training needs.
- Measure training effectiveness in terms of impact on business goals, behavior change, and return on investment; monitor and adjust accordingly.
- Support Communities of Practice and other knowledge sharing initiatives (i.e. Communities, Mentoring, Education, etc.).
- Continuously seek and support new approaches, practices and processes to improve the quality and efficiency of education services offered.
- Drive engagement through development and improvement of communications
- Bachelor Degree with minimum 10 years’ experience developing, leading & implementing Learning & Development programs
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
- Must be willing to travel
Additional Elgibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Proven ability to design, implement, and deliver world-class training programs in the field of technology
- Experience successfully setting the vision for complex global training projects
- Experience counseling senior management, crafting creative solutions and integrating multiple business objectives
- Demonstrated project management & process skills
- Strong leadership skills and strategic ability to formulate and drive a global
- Advanced degree in Adult Learning theory strongly preferred.
- Ability to adapt to new challenges and be successful in a changing business environment
- Strong communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Prior experience working in the technology industry
- Experience delivering technical and leadership training a plus
- Strong systems aptitude, able to identify opportunities to leverage technology as a productivity enabler
- Strong analytical skills, detail-orientated, and quantitative