Position: NCCCO Crane Operator
Type of Crane: Kobelco 160 ton Crawler
Reports to: Superintendent or Foreman
Job Location: South Fork, Colorado
Summary of Position: Support construction operations by performing the following Key Activities.
FLSA Status: Hourly/Non-Exempt
About ASI Constructors, Inc.:
ASI Constructors, Inc. (since 1978) is an industry leader in the dam and water resource construction market, providing services worldwide. Our company is a self-performing, heavy-civil contractor that specializes in the construction and rehabilitation of dams (RCC, earthfill, and concrete), hydroelectric and renewable energy facilities, pipelines, tunnel/shaft rehabilitation, storm/sanitary sewer system improvements, and other major water resource projects. ASI is headquartered in Pueblo West, Colorado with a branch office located in Baltimore, Maryland. ASI strives to build projects safely, on time, on budget, and to satisfy our clients. ASI has successfully completed numerous award-winning heavy civil construction projects in the water resource field, including more than one-hundred dam and dam rehabilitation projects and over thirty new RCC dams. Our Company's vision and values include integrity, honesty, safety, teamwork and a passion for what we do. We hire people who thrive on tough work and challenging opportunities.
About the Beaver Park Dam Rehabilitation Phase II Project (South Fork, CO):
The Beaver Park Project work consists of stream diversion, demolition of the existing intake structure, widening of dam crest, construction of outlet works and intake structure.
Key Activities and Position Responsibilities:
• Operate crane to lift and move materials and other objects, plan all lifts, use capacity charts, perform rigging inspection and daily crane inspection, respond according to hand and/or verbal instructions, observe the travel of all loads and take appropriate action to avoid injury to personnel or damage to property, listen to warning alarms and respond accordingly, and read boom angle and drum rotation indicators;
• Must provide proof of a current physical fitness examination completed by a medical doctor;
• Must be able to read the operators manual and sign off that the manual has been read and understood;
• Ultimate responsible person during crane or hoisting operations to ensure the pick is safe;
• Must be able to see and understand crane signals;
• Must be able to perform daily inspections and report the findings using effective verbal and written communication skills;
• Must be able to climb and maintain balance on steel framework, stairs, and ladders;
• Must be thoroughly familiar with crane control functions.
ASI employees must work cooperatively with other employees, and have a good positive attitude. They must also be punctual. Further, this means that you must be ready to work when your shift starts. So, you must arrive at work with enough time prior, to ready yourself for the shift. They should also work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
Essential Ability Requirements for ASI Personnel:
Working in the field at ASI Constructors Inc. is often physically demanding. The following list describes the minimum ability requirements for field personnel.
• Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials;
• Move heavy objects (94 pounds or more) short distances (20 feet or less);
• Move light objects (less than 94 pounds) long distances (more than 20 feet);
• Heavy lifting with repeated stooping, carrying and bending continually over time (i.e., picks up materials and move to a different location);
• Work long shifts with non-standard break times;
• Work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the elements;
• Learn job-related material primarily through oral instruction and observation. This learning takes place mainly in an on-the-job training setting;
• Must have vision equal to or better than is required for driving;
• If corrective lenses are required to achieve this level of vision, the employee must be able to wear PPE without interfering with the corrective lenses or the required PPE.
• The employee may have to purchase eye glasses (safety glass, etc.) that are compliant with ASI’s Safety Program and OSHA/MSHA requirements;
• Must have good hand-eye coordination;
• Must have quick reaction times;
• Must be able to hear adequately enough to be alerted by horns, sirens, shouting, or any other noise that is meant to convey a safety warning;
• If corrective device is required to achieve this level of hearing, the employee must be able to wear PPE without interfering with the corrective device or the required PPE;
• Lift arms above shoulder level (i.e., throws bags into a truck);
• Must have good balance and must not be clumsy;
• Climb ladders or steps to reach objects;
• Must be able to work at heights of up to 100’ or more;
• Must be able to work in confined or enclosed spaces;
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time;
• Must be able to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, and safety-toed boots;
• Must be able to walk moderate distances to reach work area (1/2 mile or more);
• Enter the cab of a vehicle that is 3.5 feet (or more) off the ground;
• Must be able to sit in the operator’s seat of equipment and safely reach all pedals, switches, levers, buttons, etc. required to safely operate the equipment (if authorized for that piece of equipment);
• Must be able to sit in the operator’s seat of equipment and have an adequate field of vision of all instruments, gauges, warning lights, as well as an acceptable field of vision out of the windows and/or mirrors (if authorized for that piece of equipment);
• Understand and follow oral and written instructions;
• Must be committed to contributing to a culture of safety, looking out for yourself and others.
Preferred Qualifications and Training:
The preferred applicant will have 5 – 10 years of experience on Heavy Civil Construction Projects. Must possess a valid NCCCO permit or other authorized operator permit. Applicant must be authorized through one of the following: Certification through an accredited third-party testing organization; Qualification through an audited employer testing program; or Qualification by a state or local licensing authority.
Only a valid, current crane operator certification card from an accredited certifying agency will be accepted. Must possess a valid medical card.
At ASI Constructors, Inc., we are only as good as our people. We offer outstanding benefits and rewards to recruit and retain the best professionals in our industry. When you join the ASI team, your comprehensive benefit package will include:
• Health Insurance for employees and their dependents
• Dental and Vision Insurance
• 401(K) plan with Company Matching Contributions
• Eligible hourly employees are paid a bonus in lieu of PTO, please refer to the Employee Manual for details.
• Subsistence available.
We offer additional competitive benefits that are position and assignment dependent.
$30/hour; $300 weekly subsidence