Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 5 Years
Minimum Years of Education Required: Trade/Vocational school
Must be Authorized to Work in the US
Under general supervision the individual will conduct preventive maintenance, repair, installation, calibration, adjustment, troubleshooting and general servicing of DDC and pneumatic building control systems. The individual will be responsible for high levels of customer satisfaction through direct on site customer interaction. Instructs customers and fellow employees on system operations, sequences and recommend changes and modifications.
- Diagnoses and repairs complex electronic and pneumatic control system malfunctions that require extensive knowledge of a variety of control systems and the ability to test and calibrate the components.
- Communicates with the customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Ensures a high level of customer satisfaction. Maintains contact with the customers to ensure customer satisfaction and be aware of any operating problems. Keeps the customers informed on the nature of the services provided, outstanding issues and recommends system enhancements, upgrade and or repairs.
- Manages assigned work to meet professional execution of time and customer satisfaction. Reports problems or changes to management immediately. Interfaces with the service manager, project manager or subcontractors on projects to coordinate activities as required in an ethical and professional manner.
- Provides training to customers on control systems operations. Provides customers with manuals and documentation as needed.
- Conducts extensive self study to improve and maintain technical proficiency. Completes certifications as required by the company.
- 5 years of Controls/BAS experience to include: Building Automation Systems, DDC, Pneumatic and building operations.
- Successful completion of a trade/vocational school in one of the following areas:
- Mechanical systems
- Computer technology
- Air conditioning
- Programming and commissioning experience.
- Proficient with test meters and understanding wiring diagrams.
- Possess a thorough understanding of control theory and control concepts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software and strong PC skills.
- Possess strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Ability to implement strategies and procedures that will improve Service Operations.
Additional Skills Desired:
The successful candidate must have superior customer relations skills and a strong desire to always provide his/her customers with above the norm service. A good working knowledge of HVAC mechanical systems is a plus.