Casey Industrial, Inc. is a nationwide industrial contractor, in operation since 1947. As a contractor, Casey is focused on helping other businesses increase and enhance their product output through capital expansion or improvement. As an employer, Casey is focused on enhancing and growing an enduring, self-sustained organization that can provide increased career opportunities for its employees.
Casey Industrial was built on the premise that all clients, vendors and employees are treated with integrity and respect. Casey prides itself on conducting business the right way, a dedication reflected in the company’s values; both in writing and in practice.
Experience as a Director of Safety or Safety Manager on heavy Industrial construction projects is required. CSP or related Safety degree preferred.
General Job Description
The Director of Safety is responsible for overall administrative and technical management of safety programs dealing with high-risk and/or multiple industrial construction projects. With minimal direction, this individual oversees company wide safety programs, which require considerable resources and high levels of functional integration and which includes the supervision of all safety team members, nationwide.
In this leadership position, the Director of Safety is responsible for assembling the safety team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of assigned projects. The necessary level of self-reliance, strategic management skills, and supervision of high level reports as well as the sheer size and potential company impact of the assigned projects, make this role distinctively elevated beyond the role of a Project Safety Manager.
The role requires interfacing with all areas affected by the project including the client(s), distributors, vendors, and the ongoing strategic communication with senior management regarding the status of the safety program. It is critical that all important decisions and issues (both potential and actual) are relayed and coordinated appropriately, including but not limited to impacts to financial performance, schedule, safety and significant employee issues.
Work closely with the Owners, Project Managers, and Company Division Managers to cultivate and grow the Casey Industrial Safety Culture.
· Establish Standards and Procedures: Develop and implement project safety standards and procedures and the Journey to Excellence process. Monitor compliance and initiate corrective measures as necessary. Maintain injury/incident reports, audits, JSAs, Task Planners and other safety related administrative paperwork in an organized file system that is to be archived at projects completion. Review documentation to insure all required records and reports are complete, accurate and submitted per established procedures. Implement appropriate corrective action as required.
· Project Support: Establish objectives, provide technical direction and support for projects and internal departments on safety. Maintain medical, first aid, and personal protective equipment supplies, air monitor equipment and other safety equipment. Project support will require travel between different locations throughout the US.
· Comply with Company and Client Requirements: Insure all work processes, procedures and safety standards, trend reporting and injury management activities meet and/or exceed company and client requirements.
· Provide Expertise and Consultation: Provide consultation to company personnel, primes and subcontractors, clients, etc. in planning and safety analysis; providing options for problem solutions. Review and document safety lessons learned and root cause analysis. Continue education and study to keep knowledge up to date with current standards and needs.
· Additional Assignments: Perform additional tasks per Supervisor’s, Divisional Management, and or COO’s direction.
Occupational Safety & Health Degree or Certification preferred
Consult and direct safety staff members at project locations throughout the US.
Travel as required to make visits to project sites.
To learn more about Casey Industrial go to