Haselden Construction has been named to the Denver Post Top Workplaces for 2016, 2017 & 2018! We offer a progressive, positive and challenging — yet fun — work environment and cutting-edge tools to help you with career growth, personal development and achieving your maximum potential. Our extensive benefits program, dynamic team atmosphere and strong core values help create the best environment for our staff and the best service for our clients.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible PTO
The Concrete Senior Estimator is responsible for the oversight and coordination of completing detailed estimates and generating proposals on all work self-performed by Haselden. Works with project teams, subcontractors/ suppliers to plan cost factors for self-perform estimates; analyzes construction documents, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for projects by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies self-perform opportunities with the Preconstruction Managers to ensure maximum manpower utilization and profitability.
- Works with the Self-Perform project manager to identify potential self-perform opportunities with other contractors outside of Haselden.
- Consults with project teams, subcontractors, and material suppliers to discuss and formulate estimates, effect cost reductions, and resolve issues.
- Has the ability to manage and track multiple self-perform projects at once at all stages of design.
- Creates, maintains, and manages the self-perform bid schedule for projects.
- Assures that the project team acts with integrity and employs ethical behavior during all stages of the estimating process and follows the “Haselden Way”.
Subcontracting and Buy-Out:
- Plans, strategizes and coordinates with Preconstruction and the Self-Perform team on which self-perform trades will be bid and who will be responsible for completing each estimate.
- Prepares self-perform estimates with the proper level of detail for all design stages: Conceptual, Schematic Design, Design Development and Construction Documents
- Manages the assembly and submission of self-perform bids.
- Studies specifications to assist the operations team in planning procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- Researches construction documents and analyzes specifications to determine estimated costs.
- Works with the Virtual Design (BIM) Department to utilize Revit or other programs in generating quantities as may be available from design models.
- Works with the self-perform operations team throughout the preconstruction process in reviewing plans and specifications for constructability issues and determining general requirements on the project.
- Reviews design documents for proper information to receive accurate pricing from subcontractors and suppliers; generates acceptable value engineering ideas.
- Prepares quantity take-offs and estimates costs of materials, labor, and use of equipment required to fulfill all provisions of the contract for Haselden’s self-perform areas with cast-in-place concrete
- May also assist other self-perform departments such as, miscellaneous metals, earthwork and interiors with compiling bids/ budgets.
- Determines the proper trades to pursue with Haselden’s own forces and creates estimates with input from the operations team as to production rates, manpower availability and general requirements.
- Assures that self-performed estimates comply with the requirements of the overall construction contract with the Owner.
- Works with the Preconstruction Manager in the creation of all final estimates to be given to the operations and accounting team for creation of the project budgets.
- Manages the self-perform subcontractor solicitation process with iSqFt or other solicitation programs as may be utilized and assures that the proper team members are part of the approval process for all bid lists.
- Manage the subcontractor prequalification process and assure that awarded subcontractors have the proper experience and financial capabilities to perform on the project.
- Supervises and/or writes the specific and general instructions to bidders and required bid forms.
- Reviews subcontractor and supplier bids for conformity to contract requirements and determines acceptable bids.
- Administers buy-out process for Self-Perform projects and hands off to the Operations Team.
- Maintains the self-perform estimating cost data base to ensure costs are up to date.
- Investigates estimating requirements and techniques for new self-perform scopes.
- Helps maintain relationships with existing subcontractors and create new relationships for mutual benefit.
- Familiarity / Proficiency with the following software or internet based programs:
- On-Screen Takeoff
- MS Excel
- MS Word
- MS Project (Scheduling)
- Citrix Sharefile
- Estimators assigned to their self-perform project team.
- Project Estimators / Estimators / CMAP Personnel
- B.S. degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent field experience.
- Minimum of eight (8) years commercial construction experience with a minimum of six (6) years of estimating experience.
- Capability to complete large CM/GC, Hard Bid, and Design Build projects and large, complex competitive bid projects
- Independent sales strengths for presentations and projects pursuits.
- History of successfully working internally with the operational team and externally with Owners, Architects/Engineers, and subcontractors.