Jalisco International, Inc. is actively searching for a Concrete Finisher / Cement Mason to join our growing team! This individual will perform tasks involving physical labor at highway and heavy construction projects. Perform tasks involving the preparing surface, setting forms, placing wet concrete and properly finishing the concrete as required by the project. May operate a variety of hand and power tools. May clean and prepare sites, set and strip form work, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris and remove waste materials. May assist other craft workers.
(Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.)
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in heavy/highway construction projects; perform manual work in preparing surfaces for various paving, structures and utilities.
- Properly use tools needed to finish the placed wet concrete, tools may include shovel, trowel, float, bull float, broom, rake, screed, etc.
- Shovel wet concrete, finish and generally assist in placing concrete as directed.
- Fine grade fill to grades given by foreman.
- Assist in moving, placing, striping various form work.
- Maintain a clean job site: pick up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards.
- Material handling and storage.
- Load and unload trucks and haul and hoist materials.
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed. Bring problems to the attention of the Foreman, Safety Manager, Safety Officer or HR Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Some knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in heavy/highway construction work.
- Some knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit instructions.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Having a clean driving record and ability to drive various truck / pick up trucks is preferred but is NOT required.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
- Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal and written instructions.
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue and to effectively jump, sprint or throw an object.
- Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination.
- Noise level is generally loud.
- Must be able to quickly move arms and legs.
- Excellent stamina is required.
Benefits and Pay:
- Pay Range: $18.00 – 25.00 (Davis Bacon)
- Benefits: Employer Paid
- Medical (after approximately 3 months)
- Dental (after approximately 3 months)
- Vision: (after approximately 3 months)
- Profit Sharing 401(k) (immediately vested)
- Includes employer contribution of 5% of gross earnings.
- Annual Vacation Pay
Must be able to pass alcohol and controlled substance tests prior to and at all times during employment.