Saunders Construction Inc. is a commercial building contractor that has been providing CM/GC services along the Colorado Front Range since 1972. At Saunders, we enjoy a collaborative, team-oriented environment. Having earned a reputation for exceptional quality and service, we welcome the opportunity for talented professionals to join our team.
Established in 1972, Saunders Construction, Inc. is a customer-centric organization providing a wide range of services based on our client’s needs. Our customers are always the center of what we do. Our values are why we exist and the cornerstone of all our decisions. Our reputation and relationships are based on Care, Collaboration, Commitment and Community. With over $5 billion in successful projects, Saunders is currently ranked as one of the largest general contractors in Colorado by Engineering News Record Magazine and the Denver Business Journal. Saunders takes pride in our depth, diversity and consistency.
- Oversee total project supervision effort to ensure appropriate personnel, budget, and schedule are met.
- Participate in all preconstruction subcontractor meetings.
- Plan / schedule work in accordance with start-up schedule.
- Assist with implementation and interpretation of safety programs.
- Ensure all company, department, and technical policies, procedures, standards, etc., are adhered to. Interpret policies as required.
- Maintain all rental equipment.
- Control and monitor site logistics.
- Prepare and maintain all required documentation and records according to State & Federal compliance as well as company procedures.
- Conduct project meetings.
- Monitor quality control.
- See project through to close-out.
- Provide leadership.
- Lead by example and assist in training, mentoring and betterment of company resources.
- 15-17 years managing projects in the Superintendent’s capacity for commercial general contractor (CMGC) for jobs ranging from $40M to $50M, preferred.
- Proficient at managing work as a Superintendent for a general contractor who self-performs concrete and carpentry labor.
- Strong scheduling, quality, safety and field management experience.
The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position:
- Spends approximately 70% of the time sitting, and 30% of the time either standing or walking while on the job.
- Occasionally* lifts up to 15 lbs, when moving project binders, office supplies or files, and may stoop, kneel, crouch, and balance while performing these same functions.
- Occasionally required to climb, crawl, stoop and negotiate ladders, stairs or other routes at and within project sites in order to fulfill duties.
- Constantly uses verbal and auditory capacity enabling interpersonal communication as well as communication through automated devices such as E-Mail, telephone and radio.
- Constantly employs eye, hand and finger coordination enabling the use of office machinery such as computer keyboard.
- Constantly utilizes full scope of visual capacity to travel to project sites and observe/verify project progress in addition to operating automated office equipment.
Activity exists more than 2/3 of the time.
Activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time.
Activity exists less the 1/3 of the time.
What Benefits Can Saunders Construction Offer Me?
- Employer Paid Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Section 125 Plan
- 401k Plan / Safe Harbor plan
- Paid Time Off
- Bonus Program
- Employer Paid Term Life Insurance
- Employer Paid Short Term Disability
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability
Please Note: We communicate via e-mail. Please check your spam/junk settings to ensure you receive our communication.
This posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms and agencies should contact Human Resources directly for information on conducting business with Saunders Construction.