The Reinforced Earth Company is recognized as the inventor and market leader of the MSE (Mechanically Stabilized Earth) retaining wall industry. The company provides the design and supply of materials of proprietary retaining wall systems and earth related technologies to contractors and owners for use in civil engineering. Our company works as a sub-contractor/material supplier on DOT and privately owned projects. We perform all duties associated with our jobs from sales, marketing, civil engineering/design, supply, and construction support.
The successful Civil Design Engineer candidate should hold a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering with course work in geotechnical, structural, or transportation related studies. Working knowledge of route surveying data, bridge plans and details is desired. Working knowledge of AutoCAD is a plus. Successful completion of the Fundamental of Engineering Exam (FE) is highly desired.
Job Requirements desired
- Utilization of predetermined methods to perform the structural design and analysis of various products.
- Utilize information supplied by the owner to develop the horizontal and vertical geometric layout for the various products.
- Visualize and create the necessary details pertinent to the development of the design plans and shop drawings for the various products.
- Provide quality control of all design and drafting work associated with assigned projects.
- The inputting of the wall draw program and drafting of wall elevation views and details for bid and final projects based on data provided by the owner.
- Use of the quantity extract program and other facilities to prepare and/or review material takeoffs.
- Perform extra-department responsibilities assigned in areas of administration, training, technical standards and design tools, product packages, and/or procedures and standardization.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil, Structural or Geotechnical Engineering from an accredited school of engineering.
- Must have a clear understanding of AutoCAD and the field of civil engineering design as applied by The Reinforced Earth Company.
- Proficient in use of AutoCAD.
- Understanding of all responsibilities associated with the Draftsman and Designer positions.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and take initiative within predetermined guidelines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work in coordination with other personnel in the various departments of the company and able to communicate with other technical and construction personnel outside the company.
- Ability to comprehend and apply principles of civil engineering to the various products designed by The Reinforced Earth Company.
The Reinforced Earth Company offers commensurate salaries and a strong Benefit Package including:
- Two Weeks Paid Vacation (Plus Employee Birthday)
- Eleven Holidays
- 401K with Company Contribution
- Medical, Dental (with Orthodontia Option) and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending
- Wellness Program with Incentives
- Free Parking
For more information about our Company, please visit us online at
The Reinforced Earth Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.