Transports materials to or from jobsites to assigned locations or fields throughout the state of Colorado as requested by customers. Drivers operate trucks whose gross vehicle weight (GVW) capacity exceeds 85,000 pounds. These drivers are required to drive on intercity, and off road project routes. $500 Sign in bonus after 6 and 12 months of continuous employment.
$44,600 - $89,308
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with route managers and scheduling to optimize fleet utilization and project deliveries.
- Proactively identify and alert potential delivery and pick-up problems before they result in service issues.
- Accurately complete driving tickets documenting each delivery or driving activity.
- Ensure all shipping documentation required to move with shipments is available for inspection and that appropriate paperwork accompanies shipment when delivered.
- Compliance with all regulatory agency and company safety directives.
- Contacting dispatcher to handle pick up or delivery issues that may result in customer dissatisfaction or project delays.
- Completing a thorough load check inspection before each departure ensuring that load is secured and truck is in compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations
- Obeying all traffic laws and weight limits.
- Completing and filing in a precise and timely manner all vehicle pre/post-trip inspections and log items as required by government agencies.
- Report all accidents involving driver, company equipment, and/or private property.
- Applicant must be at least 21 Years of age (H or X Endorsements)
- Maintain valid Class A CDL Driver License and good motor vehicle record (MVR) to maintain insurability guidelines.
- Ability to pass and maintain DOT safety sensitive FMCSA requirements in regards to pre and post-employment drug screening and DOT physical.
- Ability to pass driving evaluation and work history verification.
- Attentive to detail when completing load tickets.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with customers, vendors, and employees
This job has no supervisory duties.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Required: At minimum a high school diploma or GED and a minimum of 2 years of CDL A driving experience. Willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and/or holidays as required to accommodate customer and project demands.
- Preferred: CDL endorsements for Hazmat, Tanker, Double / Triple trailer. Experience driving in inclement weather conditions such as snow and rain. Occasional mountain driving.
This position requires the ability to communicate in English with co-workers, customers and the general public.
This job requires the ability to do and understand basic math equations.
Primary functions require the physical ability and mobility to repeatedly kneel, crawl, push, pull and climb to and from cabin or trailer as required by task. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds intermittently throughout the course of work shift. Able to use a broom or shovel to clean trailer of residual material.
Outside work exposed to variant weather conditions (hot, rain, snow) and ability to sit for a long periods of time.
We Offer an Outstanding Benefit Package:
- Health & Dental– 100% Employer paid premiums for employees and their families.
- Voluntary Vision Plan-Optional
- FSA Accounts - Optional
- HSA Account - with HDHP
- Paid Holidays & Vacation
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer match contributions up to 3%.
- $100 Monthly Employer paid Short Term Disability - Additional Voluntary Employee deductions to cover up to 60% of Weekly Wages - Optional.
- Long term Disability - Optional
- 25,000.00 Employer paid Basic Life and AD&D Insurance-- Additional Voluntary deductions up to 5 times Annual Wages - Optional
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Applicants that require reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should contact Human Resources at 303-429-8893.