Cappella of Grand Junction
POSITION TITLE: Care Partner
DATE: November 2018
REPORTS TO: Shawnna Rapp BSN, RN
The Care Partner at Cappella of Grand Junction is an essential part of our Assisted Living Team. They are responsible for providing care needs and activities for elder adults who live with in our community. A Care Partner does not have to be CNA certified or have a Q-Map. However, we prefer care partners with previous experience in Assisted Living & Memory Support, and or a PASSION for helping SENIORS THRIVE. CNA's and Q-maps are encouraged to apply. Every applicant needs to be able to be CPR certified through the American Heart Association and pass a background check. We are committed to providing an amazing, Christian based job atmosphere that is an exciting and innovative experience! (We are also a drug and alcohol free workplace.)
- Work as a productive member of the assisted living team, maintaining a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Be prepared to begin work, complete with appropriate dress, by the scheduled start time of each shift.
- Maintain an acceptable attendance record. Record all hours worked on time card and take breaks as per assisted living and Cappella of GJ policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with and follow all Cappella of GJ personnel and safety policies.
- Work as a team with all scheduled care providers to complete the following tasks, as per department procedures and scheduled times, necessary to provide a quality living environment for the residents:
- Administer medications to residents on medication supervision if certified.
- Assist residents in getting ready for the day as indicated in the care plans, i.e. fill portable oxygen tanks, assist with minor dressing needs.
- Assist residents with daily living activities, i.e. provide reminders to ensure that they participate in all meals and activities of their choice.
- Document all significant resident changes and unusual occurrences in the daily logs. Alert appropriate personnel when a resident has a change in condition.
- Respond to emergencies according to the procedures outlined in the Cappella Associate Guide.
- Participate in care planning and family conferences for residents on assigned floor as needed.
- Serve and clean up after meals.
- Launder residents’ personal clothing.
- Provide bathing assistance as needed.
- Clean residents' rooms as scheduled.
- Attend Daily Shift Report, and other meeting and in-services as scheduled.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Read, write and speak English.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with seniors, family members and health care professionals in person and over the telephone.
- Capable of pushing up to 40 lbs and lifting up to 20 lbs as well as bending, kneeling and reaching. Must be able to be on feet, walking and standing for at least 8 hours a day and be able to sit in a chair for at least 1 continuous hour.
- Capable of handling interruptions and completing tasks after an interruption.
- Demonstrate attention to detail.
- Maintain and project a professional, pleasant, and helpful attitude toward others at all times.